Warm Air Woes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone first time posting here after seeing alot of posts about warm air heating, so hopefully someone might be to help.

My house has a 47 year old duct air warm air system which we've used for 8 years and it still works, so I never bothered to replace it, after I had a gas hob installed other week the gas Fitter refused to relight the heater and looked horrified by it..I ended up relighting it myself after he left..but it got me worried, also I've never had it serviced!! I just cleaned the filter every few months and made sure the carbon monoxide detector works.

Anyway long story short and money being tight I found a newer 4 year old one on EBay - its a J&S hi-spec J25 and the guy I got it from claims it works perfect they just preferred rads so swapped to rads. I thought it would be fairly easy to find someone to help modify my system to work with this newer/safer one but I'm having trouble finding anyone to help.

I called a company this morning and they will only fit new heaters, I like warm air (I know lots of people don't) and I thought this would be the easy option as they can be installed in a day or two and we don't really have space for rads. I don't even think it's old for a warm air heater compared to the unit we currently have. I'm in Leeds if anyone knows anyone that can help.

Sponsored Links
You wouldn't have seen many posts about warm air heating in this section - General Discussion. Suggest you re-post in a more appropriate section e.g Plumbing and Central Heating where you may get more replies (you may get some here though)

Sponsored Links
Back