warm front choosing the right boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys,

been onto warm front who say i quality for a new boiler the are able to give a choice of raven, ideal and worcester bosch.

what im looking for is something thats capable of running ten radiators and high reliability, im guessing worcester bosch but know very little about the other two
which you you proffessional recomend

Sponsored Links
Steer clear of Mrs Raven, Ideal logic+ good, WB dont know as I don't fit them anymore as they are overly complicated.

cheers for the guidance will stay clear of raven, i take it the bottom end are they??

WB CDi range are pretty good even if some installers don't like to repair them. The other WB ranges are "cheaper" :)

Sponsored Links
Think twice before you engage in an exercise with the warmfront scam.
Ideal = crap.
Ravenheat = crap.
WB CDI is ok, but more likely than not you will be offered the WB i (junior) series which is also crap.

On top of that, warmfront installations have generated thousands upon thousands of complaints. Search the forum on the subject, and you will get and idea of what you may be getting into.

We all know the truth in the old adage: buy cheap, get cheap. So imagine what you will get if the installation is done free and for nothing.

The biggest problem with Warmfront is that you loose your right to have cany input into what is done and you WILL be dissapointed and an independant RGI may also be cheaper!! ;)

hi guys,

been onto warm front who say i quality for a new boiler the are able to give a choice of raven, ideal and worcester bosch.

what im looking for is something thats capable of running ten radiators and high reliability, im guessing worcester bosch but know very little about the other two
which you you proffessional recomend

That's interesting because although I finished working for them a week ago last Friday I still get email about stuff.

Today I got one saying the boiler of choice is a Worcester whether it is a combi or heat only boiler. Never ever been able to offer a Ravenheat in the four years I worked for them, though have been to much older jobs where they've been fitted under the scheme.

The problem with the Worcester is the hot water temp adjustment i.e. there isn't any, it's preset on the board at the factory and cannot be altered. There's been problems with the Junior giving hot water above the preset 55 degree C a WF client near me scalded herself. If the client is sensitive to temperature or might be hurt by short slugs of water over 55 then surveyors are told to use the Ideal Logic.

Who is the contractor?

Heat only is no problem.

Listen to the other installers about reliability as I don'e install and they do and also maintain.

worcester bosch all day long!

ravenheat is a b and q boiler don't thgink they'd fit that.

Re the h/water issues on the i and si range. It will provide a 35 degree rise on the cold coming in. Today i measured 7degrees so just about 45deg wont scald you! You can fit contraptions to pipework below taps to restrict high temps at little extra cost! wouldn't touch ideal personally.

worcester bosch all day long!

ravenheat is a b and q boiler don't thgink they'd fit that.

Re the h/water issues on the i and si range. It will provide a 35 degree rise on the cold coming in. Today i measured 7degrees so just about 45deg wont scald you! You can fit contraptions to pipework below taps to restrict high temps at little extra cost! wouldn't touch ideal personally.

Care standards dictates in an immersion situation bath temps at the tap should not exceed 43 degrees however water must be stored in the calorifier at over 65 to prevent legionella

Logic (and warmfront) guarantee is two years.

Under certain conditions the Worcester junior hot water temp can and will exceed the factory set 55. It's happened, Worcester acknowledge it. They're working on something I don't know what but there's no way it can be altered on the board.

With WarmFront remember they're putting boilers often into the property of elderly or learning disabled people who may not react quickly enough to very hot water. I think the case I know of may go to court. WB engineer came out and said there's nothing to be done.

My only suggestion was to put a blending valve below the boiler as a fix in a house with vulnerable people but don't know whether WF are looking at that.

WF (and you and me) have a duty of care so you have to think of the user and how they will/can react.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back