Was I charged right for fixing my Ideal Mini C24 boiler

To the OP as Joe bashing in this thread is off topic.

Your boiler can at the most be about 8 years old as they were only sold from November 2002 if I recall correctly.

If it has a single pCB as you suggest then it would be from 2006 !

Your boiler is totally repairable. It sounds as if its just a fault sensor which is about £18.

If you had called me to repair the boiler then it would have been a fixed price diagnostic charge and the cost of the sensor or whatever part was required.

If you must choose a firm that charges rather more and cannot diagnose the fault then unfortunately its only you who are to blame.

And for Joe and others, we do NOT charge for parts which are not required to fix the fault.

Tony

Sponsored Links
onlyfitidealboilers";p="1880854 said:
you dont have a glue about the gas industry /quote]

I do have a 'glue' I know it's full of gypos and charlatans.

And for Joe and others, we do NOT charge for parts which are not required to fix the fault.

Tony

You don't read this forum then. Should he ask for a refund? Is he legally entitles to one? Looks like he fell prey to a 'right one' to me.

For what it's worth, Tony, I'd employ you to fix my boiler any day and so should the OP.

With the benefit of hindsight, what I wrote can be interpreted two ways.

What I should have said was:-

Agile Services does not charge for parts which are not necessary to repair the boiler. ( We would remove new parts though and refit the old ones. This would normally never happen as we aim to correctly diagnose the fault first. )

Other firms MAY charge for parts they fit which dont fix the fault.

Tony

Sponsored Links
?????is this POST still going zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

JUMP, oops, must have dozed off there....

So the boiler conmen can go around saying "New PCB £350" and get away with it when they are clueless as to what the real fault may be? Then when it's not fixed (that's assuming they even changed the PCB and didn't just pretend to) they go back and say "New boiler". Can't you see the corruption invitation? Why should the public pay for that?

?????Fek me sideways, is this POST still going zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz............................................................ JUMP, oops, must have dozed off there......

If you don't like the thread then stay out of it, dummy. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back