Washing m/c Hoover HNL7166

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, When washing clothes yesterday the underwire from my bra came out and has disappeared into the machine. Discovered this when the spin cycle started making loud 'dragging, clicking' noises. I've checked the drum to see if it's stuck in one of the holes and also around the door seals etc but no sign of it. Am worried it has become lodged in the motor. I'm only small and not very strong and the machine is heavy, any ideas where I should check before I start trying to move it and take the back off etc, or is there no chance of sorting it and have to buy a new washing machine? Think the machine is at least 5 years old

Any suggestions (other than not to wash underwired bras in them again) would be so appreciated :rolleyes:

Ayla

Sponsored Links
You probably can't do anything without moving the machine. The usual way to remove obstructions like that is to take off the sump hose from the bottom of the tub. If you can see it through the resulting hole you may need to get a bit of stiff wire and bend a hook at the end to drag the bra wire to where you can reach. The alternative is to remove the heating element but avoid doing that if possible as it will be difficult to put back.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back