Washing Machine Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My new washing machine is being delivered tomorrow and it has an Anti flood box at the end of the washing machines hose pipe.
The space between the copper pipe and waste pipe is enough for a standard hose without the anti flood.

What would be the best way to rectify this issue?

View media item 94067 View media item 94068

Sponsored Links
Turn off mains and cut a section off the copper pipe then refit the washing machine valve.

Andy

Turn off mains and cut a section off the copper pipe then refit the washing machine valve.

Andy

There is only a 2-3 inches from the floor so not sure cutting it will be possible and even if it is, I doubt it will fit?

The washing machine is already paid for so can't really change it...

Sponsored Links
Did you order it on-line?

If so then distance selling regs allow you to return it for any reason.

You might have to pay carriage though.

Depending on where you bought it they might be happy to swap it for a new one if you explain the reasons.

Can't beat a bit of forward planning though.

Could I not simply swap the hose from the older machine or reroute the coper pipe?

Alter the copper, alter the waste or change the machine. Which one do you prefer?

Just redo the copper so the new hose hangs downwards....the existing hose is a lashup and was never done properly in the first place.

How can I redo the copper? I doubt there is enough room even if I reduce the length?

The Waste it seems that the grey part is soldiered in?

I'd fit the old hose to the new machine.
This will either work, or fail spectacularly.

It depends how advanced the new hose is. If it has electrical contacts running through it, you need to keep that hose as there will be a solenoid which is activated / opened by the washing machine sending current down the hose.

If it works, happy days. You'll just have to accept that there is now a minutely higher chance of a leak.
Buy a brand new normal hose for the new machine in mitigation?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back