washing sequence does not start

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a bosch wfb 2004 washing machine that's just given up the ghost. When set to the normal programmes we use, nothing happens. No noise of rushing water as usual, nothing. Just sits there.

I've cleaned out the pump as best i can - seems OK. I suspect it may be the door connection although there seems nothing unusual there. Anyone with ideas before I call an engineer would be welcome.

cheers, Brian.

Sponsored Links
Does the door lock when you start it? If not it'll most likely be a faulty door interlock.

Unplug your appliance before working on it.

tiredengineer said:
Does the door lock when you start it? If not it'll most likely be a faulty door interlock.

thanks for speedy response, TE.

The door clicks shut but the 'delay lock' (by that i mean the lock remaining locked for a minute or so after a cycle has finished) that hasnt engaged. I can open and close the door normally after selecting a cycle and hitting the power switch. Nothing happens at all.

Lights are on to so power is going to the machine.

Most likely a faulty door interlock, other possibilities are no neutral to door interlock, faulty module/timer or broken wiring somewhere. It's not locking so no power getting back to module/timer.

Sponsored Links
tiredengineer said:
Most likely a faulty door interlock, other possibilities are no neutral to door interlock, faulty module/timer or broken wiring somewhere. It's not locking so no power getting back to module/timer.

Thanks again TE. I'll be on the phone to an engineer by the looks of it.

cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back