water hammer when we're not using anything.....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

After some advice......

We're experiencing what I think is water hammer, but when we're not using anything water related in the house.... we'll be sitting in the lounge, with all taps off, and the CH off, and there's a loud bang/clunk.

I think it happens when one or other of our neighbours uses their water.... :confused:

Any suggestions/comments ??

Any help is much appreciated!

Sponsored Links
thanks for the tip..... ;)

so if I speak to them, and do a little experiment, and find out it is one or other of them, what actions can I take to stop it from occuring ???

Will depend on what's causing it - run a search of the forum for water hammer and then present your results to your neighbour.

The solution is in their interest as well and they may already be on the case.

Sponsored Links
have tried searching, but I just get a load of posts saying "... try searching for water hammer....."

don't actually find out any actual info !!! lol

lol

cheers for the links guys ;)

will have a browse through them all and let you know how I get on with curing the problem!!

much appreciated ;)

no worries mate, best of luck.
try turning down the pressure a tad bit at the main stop cock, see if this has any affect, get your neighbour to do the same..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back