Water ingress at party wall line of new and original roofs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

my neighbour has had their roof re-felted,battened and tiled, but since the work has been undertaken, rainwater has been getting in to my roof space.

there were a couple of small tears which I have repaired internally, but there is a large tear at eaves right on the party wall line, which needs accessing externally. the large tear at eaves is where the rainwater is getting I through the felt.

I have noticed that the tails of the tiles along the party wall line are lower than anywhere else and two of the tiles are raised above my tiles on the party wall junction. all the rest are flush with my tiles.

I have completed a water test and found that the water is getting past the tiles 7 tiles down from the ridge line on the party wall line where one of the tiles is sitting higher.

Everything points towards this being the problem.

the house is a1970s semi with a middle stack.

could anybody please suggest why the tiles 'tails' are lower than the other tiles at the party wall line and why two tiles would be raised ,say, by about 10mm above my tiles on the party wall line when all of the others are flush with my tiles?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You don't need to know why they are doing this, it's their problem, you need to get the company back to sort it.

Photos would help us to answer your question.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back