Country
United Kingdom
hi everone i have a little prob ?
had a new boiler fitted approx 4 months ago a glow worm flexicom hx
it was just a boiler install and i have kept the existing hot water tank etc
now boiler works fine central heating fine
the hot water does not get hot enough hit is about 38 deg
i put the hot water on for approx 2 hours. run some off and its approx 38 deg
i have turned the cylinder thermostat well above this approx 70 deg plus.
doesnt seem to do anything
the boiler setting is at 72 deg
how do i get the hot water a touch hotter ? or tips please thanks

Sponsored Links
Or the tank stats knackered.

Do you have a three port valve or two 2 ports?

If it where me, I'd manually open the valve and see what that does.

Sponsored Links
thanks its a 3 port valve. had a look at that i can hear the motor mech turn the valve ?

Follow the feed pipe from the small header tank down to where it joins the heating system.

Does a magnet stick to the pipe?

Assuming of course your system is still open vented/

On the side there should be a lever that you can hook into a manual position, this will override all automatic controls and open all ports.

Make sure the heating comes on and leave for about 30mins and see if your hot water gets any hotter.

The heating pipes from the valve to the cylinder and the return should get hot.

cheers i will try ang get my hand to it. would i do all the length of the feed pipe.
the header tank in the loft feeds (tops up the central heating)
the hot water cylinder is in two parts (1 tank) top is a tank full of cold water it has a ball cock feed
this is sat above the hot water tank ?

ok whats the solution to that. please note the old boiler got the water alot hotter than now ?

Airlock in the coil ? Put HW on and feel pipework under the pump (carfully) then feel the pipe that goes from the 3 port to the coil it should be the same temp (obviously be better off with pipe stat). Also if the heatings been off the pipe from the 3 port to the heating circuit shouldn't heat up (first few inches will get hot)

You might have mains water back feeding into or mixing with the hot water, do you have a shower or mixer tap with mains cold water and gravity hot water ?

so mr gigz. the water from the 3 way valve to the cylinder is as hot from the pump . so what now ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back