water not hot enough

Does the pipe coming out (returning) get warm then hot?

This will prove hot water is flowing through the cylinder.

It needs to be doing this for at least half an hour.

Sponsored Links
thank you i will check.
should i replace the cylinder thermostat only cheap. afterall it is over 25 years old ?

Sponsored Links
So both pipes get hot? And this continues for half an hour? And boiler continues to fire?

Yes the boiler kicks in and out. I put the hot water on for a set time of 2 hours every morning, this morning after 1 hour the temp of the water was 30 deg. After 1.30 hours was 33 deg. And after 2 hours it is 40 deg, maybe keep the water on for longer?
The cylinder thermostat is set at max, so what do you think ? Cheers

Something doesn't sound quite right,

If it seems your boiler is pumping hot water through the cylinder for 2 hours and the waters not getting hot, it obviously isn't.

Relocated a water cylinder the other day, after filling the tank, stone cold, boiler heated the water to 60c in half hour, along with the heating running.

Any other valves on the pipe work? Pictures may help.

i will need to remove the flooring to get at the pump etc. the info i can give you if this helps. its a new glow worm flexicom hx boiler open vented system.
hot water tank with a emersion heater 3 port danfoss valve and a satchwell sunvic tank thermostat. when i ask the boiler to heat the central heating they are hot no problem. there is a header tank in the loft that feeds the cental heating system, and the hot water tank has a top part for cold water and has its own 15mm feed. thanks

What if you set the hot water only? Does all that's been discussed still happen?

Is there a gate valve, or valve on the return from the cylinder?

hi paul, we only use the hot water on its own. never when the heating is on. there is a gate valve on the pipe (return)this has always been closed ?

no this is how it is, i thought this was a bye pass valve, its on a tee piece so the 15 mm pipe does return, the gate valve is in between the return and the pump ?

no this is how it is, i thought this was a bye pass valve, its on a tee piece so the 15 mm pipe does return, the gate valve is in between the return and the pump ?

Yes that sounds like a bypass.

I was meaning a valve on the return from the cylinder only.

hi everone i have a little prob ?
had a new boiler fitted approx 4 months ago a glow worm flexicom hx
it was just a boiler install and i have kept the existing hot water tank etc
now boiler works fine central heating fine
the hot water does not get hot enough hit is about 38 deg
i put the hot water on for approx 2 hours. run some off and its approx 38 deg
i have turned the cylinder thermostat well above this approx 70 deg plus.
doesnt seem to do anything
the boiler setting is at 72 deg
how do i get the hot water a touch hotter ? or tips please thanks
Sounds to me like you're testing people!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back