Weight loss

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I comfort eat and have let myself go; I need to lose a couple of stones. Have any of you got a fool proof diet that doesn’t take up too much willpower? I have heard of intermittent fasting. Any of you tried it and did it work?

Sponsored Links
IF works best if you break the fast with a low carb meal. 16-8

Sugars the killer so with intermittent fasting over time it becomes easier and you lose the craving for food.
It's works for me I do a 36 hour one once a week.

Sugars the killer so with intermittent fasting over time it becomes easier and you lose the craving for food.
It's works for me I do a 36 hour one once a week.
Any caffeine?

Sponsored Links
Any caffeine?
Tea not green also some food involved not more than 500 calories.
Like I say don't need to dive in and go the whole hog straight away but over time it becomes easier and you feel better for it.

Tea not green also some food involved not more than 500 calories.
Like I say don't need to dive in and go the whole hog straight away but over time it becomes easier and you feel better for it.

I'm getting back into it. Did 14 hours today most I've done is just over 16 hours. It's ok

I comfort eat and have let myself go; I need to lose a couple of stones. Have any of you got a fool proof diet that doesn’t take up too much willpower? I have heard of intermittent fasting. Any of you tried it and did it work?

I've come a different way.. I lost nearly 3 stone to just under 10.

I'm now about 10½ stone. Just right ✅️ for me and now it's about maintaining this weight.

Every morning I have Kefir or Greek yogurt, sometimes Icelantic with berry's and seeds, sometimes nuts.

Does me well. I'm staying at my desired weight and I enjoy it.

Look into Gut health, it will change the way you eat.

Last edited:
For the same reason but with less weight to lose, I did the 5:2 intermittent fasting for a long time, with good success. Basically, you choose 2 days (Mon and Thurs for me) and on those days, I ate 600 cals. The other days you eat normally. Many fail by regarding the non fasting days as 'feasting' days- they are not. You need to keep to 1900/2000 cals on those days.

Fasting: eat what you want. Pick stuff that will work for you. Have 3 snacks; or fast to 6pm and have a 600 cal meal. Up to you. The fat burning works like this...

Last food Sunday 8pm. Twelve hours later at 8am, you start to eat into fat reserves, and this continues while you are fasting. For that reason, I ate at about 6pm. Then you go till breakfast Tuesday and have a normal day.

If a normal week is 7 x 2000 cals= 14000 cals. When fasting, you forego 2800 cals a week, so expect to lose ABOUT a pound a week (bit less).

It's a marathon, not a sprint.

BIG PS... I was/am retired. It would be harder for a manual worker in the early weeks. But as someone above alluded, it gets more doable as you get into it.

I am on an eat everything diet!
Ah, the see-food diet.

I find eggs good. They fill you up. About 70 kcal for a Large. You need to eat huge quantities to affect cholesterol, like 200 a week or something. Mind the butter though ;)

There are 3x main nutrients, they are carbohydrates, protein & fats. You can eat like a pig & still remain relatively trim if you eat them in the right proportions.

Your body needs protein & fats to survive, it does not need carbohydrates. It is the level of carbohydrates consumption that is the problem with 'fat' people. This is the most truth you will ever read on the subject of diet, because big pharma & the food industry work in conjunction to make you & keep you ill / fat.

Lower your carbohydrates consumption & your body will reward you.

Thank you so much everyone. Plenty to think about and try.

Provided you eat less than you burn, you will lose weight. IF diets like the 5:2 for example work, because you have 2 days a week eating around 600kcal instead of 2000 and you only over eat a little the day after. So typically you will be down 2500-3000 kcal per week, which is about 1lb of human fat.

Exercise is key, your body will burn protein as well as fat, during weight loss so working the muscle will help, as will drinking lots of water.

When I need to drop a bit, I just go to one meal a day, during the week. I lose about 2lb a week doing that.

Sponsored Links
Back