Well done United . NEVER SAY DIE

sooey";p="1962284 said:
Can you explain how you come to decide one day that you are going to, from now on be a supporter of some team from miles away.

Thats because you make the ignorant assumption that everyone sees the world
in the same way as you do, that everyone was brought up the same way that you were
And everyone has the same values as you do!

Some of us DO NOT

I have supported Man Utd since I was 5/6 years old I am now 46 , so my childhood
experience of them was hardly one of overwhelming success apart from the odd fa cup final which we often lost plus we got relegated.

So why UTD? unlike you and it would appear many others here I was brought up to think for myself, make my own decisions and choices.

You ONLY support who you do because you were basically TOLD to do so, I find that quite sad and oppressive.

When I was a kid I was footy crazy and carried a ball everywhere one of my neighbours nicknamed me georgie best as I had longish hair , i found out who he was and what team he played for and that was me utd for life

If I was a glory hunter like the old boring joke, I should have been a gooner
My older brother supported them and they had not long done the DOUBLE charlie george famous goal past ray clemence in the FA cup

does that answer your question

Sponsored Links
Yeah right, there must have been loads of little georgy bests running round surrey in those days.

calm down, calm down. :LOL: :LOL:

Nicely dodged mate actually responding to the POINTS made!

If I was a glory hunter in the 70s and 80s when I was a kid, I would have supported your lot

Who could have foreseen what a shower of s##t they have become now!

Still cheers Dirk nice pen yesterday :mrgreen:

Morning Spaecat - lol

what a day out

get youself down to Toys R Us - I hear Carrick and Scholes are giving games away -

Argos got new line in Man Utd music centres - bass works ok but trouble with the treble

Sponsored Links
Morning Spaecat - lol

what a day out

get youself down to Toys R Us - I hear Carrick and Scholes are giving games away -

Argos got new line in Man Utd music centres - bass works ok but trouble with the treble

Its best not to mouth off until you have actually WON something!
within living memory

Stoke might have a say in the final!

Morning Spaecat - lol

what a day out

Its best not to mouth off until you have actually WON something!
within living memory

Stoke might have a say in the final!

Did I mention winning anything - no - I was talking about Saturdays game

Stoke will have a say in the Final as they are in it unlike your lot

If you want a response to the points made I would just say that you castigate me for being influenced as a child by my immediate family, then go on to explain how you were influenced by a neighbours comment. :rolleyes:
All kids are influenced by their families in every kind of way, that's why posh kids talk posh, christian kids grow up believing in god, muslim kids etc. etc.

If you want a response to the points made I would just say that you castigate me for being influenced as a child by my immediate family, then go on to explain how you were influenced by a neighbours comment. :rolleyes:
All kids are influenced by their families in every kind of way, that's why posh kids talk posh, christian kids grow up believing in god, muslim kids etc. etc.

I wasn't influenced by the comment to support united if I remember rightly he was a spurs fan, I just wanted to find out who he was GB that is.

I could have easily thought nothing of it, but I made my own mind up that I liked how he played and was interested in the club he played for

The way you describe your LACK of choice its like the decision was made for you before you were born!

Ironically like an arranged marriage!

Spacecat what are your views on the Ferdinand incident after the final whistle

Well Balotelli is clearly a deranged tw@t as has been verified here and abroad
Its not like he played a blinder either and won it single handed

In the heat of the moment I can understand ferdinands reaction but its been done before and by utd players.

Adebayour celebration was probably the worst ever against the gooners

One of those things really s@$t happens and a bit of hand bags no biggie

Bit different from his and say Gary Neville running half the pitch to the Liverpool fans though -

I agree about the Ade/Arsenal thing

No biggie, when a England captain can't contain his frustation for someone winking at him then has a pop at Platt as well

but you proved me right by your answer cheers

As always they lose with grace NOT

Sponsored Links
Back