We're going back to the moon ...

I often wonder what a flat earther would say if they were taken up in a rocket and could, with their own eyes, see the curvature of the earth. OT but related.

No need, you can see the curve from anywhere where you can see the sea, or even easier when at sea. The masts of ships will appear, long before you can see the rest of the ship, as they progress towards you. Hold a straight edge some distance in front of you and you can see a slight curve.

Sponsored Links
I often wonder what a flat earther would say if they were taken up in a rocket and could, with their own eyes, see the curvature of the earth. OT but related
Not quite a rocket, but here's an invitation to any flat earthers out there! ;)

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
No need, you can see the curve from anywhere where you can see the sea, or even easier when at sea. The masts of ships will appear, long before you can see the rest of the ship, as they progress towards you. Hold a straight edge some distance in front of you and you can see a slight curve.
Yeah I know, however they have answers for all that i.e. stuff we can witness from earth. So I'd like to hear their response if they were physically taken 'up there' ... no doubt they'd still find a way to say it wasn't real ;)

They rationalise it something like this, hopefully my analogy makes sense!

Let's say 200 people work on the shop floor in a UK company producing widgets. They are told by the senior management team the widgets are destined for the USA and they see a lorry take the widgets away on a weekly basis.

15 people in the company are in the senior management team. They are told by the 5 company directors the widgets are destined for the USA and they complete all the necessary tasks to ensure this happens. These tasks are overseen by the company directors who approve all paperwork and electronic communications.

The widgets never reach the USA. Where they actually go, only the company directors know. However if you asked anyone in that company 'what do you do?' they would reply with confidence and a degree of certainty 'we produce widgets that are sent to the USA.'

Of the 220 people involved, only 5 know the truth, however all 220 think they know the truth.
The only extremely little difference being that they were sending people to the moon and back, not producing widgets.

I am acquainted with a person who believes the world is flat.

He lives in a remote part of Oregon USA has a very high IQ and is a very talented academic and has a wealth of knowledge applicable to his chosen career.

I believe he has never been further than a 100 miles ( or less ) from his birthplace,

One annoyance is his flat world has only one time zone, so when he calls the UK late in his afternoon it is gone midnight in the UK.

His brain is programmed to see the earth as flat.

First time I can remember seeing the curvature of the earth was when I was at the top of Table mountain looking out to sea.

Some of the flat earthers are doing what they do to point out some very obvious flaws in the currently accepted knowledge. I will grant you that most are stark raving bonkers (shills I fear), but some of 'em actually do have a few qu's that todays science cannot answer.

For example. I can assure you that gravity travels faster than light across a single plane.

First time I can remember seeing the curvature of the earth was when I was at the top of Table mountain looking out to sea.

The higher above sea-level is your vantage point, the more obvious it becomes. You can certainly see it out the window, on a commercial flight.

I am acquainted with a person who believes the world is flat.
He lives in a remote part of Oregon USA has a very high IQ and is a very talented academic and has a wealth of knowledge applicable to his chosen career.
I believe he has never been further than a 100 miles ( or less ) from his birthplace,
One annoyance is his flat world has only one time zone, so when he calls the UK late in his afternoon it is gone midnight in the UK.
His brain is programmed to see the earth as flat.
This ties in with a guy I've watched on YT a few times. He bleats on about everything he can see in his immediate surroundings indicating the earth is flat. I think they often forget we're not plonked on a ball that has a circumference of a few km's ...

Sponsored Links
Back