what can and cant be said against a religion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
seeing as a religion isnt a person what can be said against it which would not get you nicked as i want to put some slogans on my van

i want the wording to say BAN ISLAM or to slag it off without me getting into bother with the law

no personal comments about me please as we are all entiteld to a debate

Sponsored Links
IIRC you can make whatever comments you like, as religion is a viewpoint rather than an absolute such as race. Wasn't there an MP who had this raised?

However, I would have to say a big sign saying "I hate muslims" would be ill advised, though, and likely to introduce all kinds of trouble not necessarily from muslims but certainly from people who detest bigots.

Why not be more positive and just promote YOUR religion on the van instead?

If you must have a bumper sticker, keep it to religion and don't put a racial slant on it. E.g. "I hate muslims" might be legal, but "send muslims all back where they came from" would definitely be illegal, even though it doesn't pinpoint a specific ethnic group of muslims you ARE inciting xenophobia and racism through saying there is a group of people descended from imigrants who you wish ejected from the country. THAT is incitement to racial hatred.

Also, I would check your insurance. It may be that in the event of vandalism your insurance won't pay out if you have defamatory signage on it.

AdamW
your quite correct the New anti faith law ....is a JOKE

you cannot tell jokes anymore about religions as that is now hate crime ..

lots of Asian leaders an some Catholic leaders have spoken out about the law ,
not just on jokes etc but the wording of the Law can get you branded a evil racist hate figare ..........Bernard Manning is not happy

Wonder why America has had no major attacks on its own soil since
9/11 maybe it because of the Patriot Act.

Muslim US cleric jailed for life

Link : http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4681189.stm

We have for too long been liberal and tolerant. Like America it is time for the U.K. to take action to protect its countrymen/women.

Sponsored Links
JPC
was looking at a paper today you will find the BEEB have dropped all T words in their broadcasts , its Bombers this an that no T word has been said even before the bombings , an the beeb forum are up in arms about it too

watch an see Terrorist has been dropped

They're not allowed to say "comitted suicide" either, as suicide is no longer a crime. I believe the preferred alternative is "took his own life".

But they can say "suicide bomber".

Yet again it's a case of one rule for the suicidally depressed and another for terrorists. :rolleyes:

so its simply BAN ISLAM ok no probs cant see too many people being offended by that

no more fugees on one side too as for the van its a 12 yr old tranny time for it to go out with a bang so to speak

His lawyers earlier described the case as an attack on free speech and religious freedom.

how could anyone represent this guy?? its lawyers like this, that take the whole PC thing too far at the expense of common sense. they are the ones who've degraded society.

Slogger said:
no more fugees on one side too

Of course, most people will think you dislike the hip-hop collective that includes Lauren Hill and Wyclef Jean...

AdamW
I never liked it one bit .........
a white guy an he thought he was it ...
to me" horses-were-courses ".. i thought but .. I wrong

young freckley white lad .. could rap

ENINENMM.......ENIMNEE ........ENIMNEA

anyway what thats

THE STREETS , star the great Mike (God google is slow .. ) , "oh my your fit an you know it yeah "their is a white singer like eminmenm in them ..

AdamW said:
They're not allowed to say "comitted suicide" either, as suicide is no longer a crime. I believe the preferred alternative is "took his own life".

But they can say "suicide bomber".

Yet again it's a case of one rule for the suicidally depressed and another for terrorists. :rolleyes:

Surely 'done us all a big favour' would be more apt?

We had our monthly visit from the local cell of the Jehovahs this morning....once I spotted the shabby briefcase, the trousers halfway up their legs....and not to forget the condescending smile....I knew I was in for an ear bashing.

"Do you think this word will ever be at peace" he asked....the rest of the conversation went like this....

"NO!"

"Oh really!......why"

"Because all the time we have religion....there will always be wars and hatred"

"Your quite right.....but god said".......

"Yeh yeh yeh.......so why are you here if you agree?"

"God said"........

"Answer the question mate"

"Well god said"......

"No....answer my question....why are you here if you agree that religion is the cause"

"I cant"

"Bye then"

ok van done and as soon as i get my web site up you can have a looksee

all i done was the BAN ISLAM on the back

parking it i will in certain areas for sure ( yodi talk )

being prepared for bother i am ( vid cam )

I certainly don't agree, but I have to say the prospect of a big sign on the back of your van saying "BAN ISLAM" has made me giggle in a "that's so wrong it's actually kinda funny" way. :LOL: :eek:

Reminds me of that scene in Die Hard 2, where Bruce Willis stands in Harlem wearing a sandwich board saying "I hate n*****s" :LOL:

You'll have to let us know how much trouble it causes.

Sponsored Links
Back