What do I do with England flag if England lose?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a huge England football flag proudly flying on the front of my house. I don't want to sound unduly negative, but if England fail to escape from the group and exit the World Cup, what is the etiquette regarding the flag?

I think my choices are:

1. Take it down immediately and store until next time
2. Keep it flying until the end of the competition to show continued support
3. Take it down, dye it black and re-fly it :cry: .

Sponsored Links
You could always donate it to Nordio. Although I reckon he'll probably set fire to it. ;) ;) ;) ;)

I find it slightly embarrasing that our national flag is named after a bloke who killed a dragon :rolleyes:

Oh and according to the fountain of knowledge that is wikipedia, he was likely a Palestinian.

So now what are you going to do with your flag?

Sponsored Links
I have a huge England football flag proudly flying on the front of my house. I don't want to sound unduly negative, but if England fail to escape from the group and exit the World Cup, what is the etiquette regarding the flag?

I think my choices are:

3. Take it down, dye it black and re-fly it :cry: .
keep it flying we will get through. I hope :rolleyes:

I find it slightly embarrasing that our national flag is named after a bloke who killed a dragon :rolleyes:

Oh and according to the fountain of knowledge that is wikipedia, he was likely a Palestinian.

So now what are you going to do with your flag?

He was from Asia Minor somewhere. Palestinian gives the wrong impression...as Palestine wasn't/isn't a country. It makes you think St George was a muslim, but the Red Cross is a symbol of the crusades adopted by George. He was a blood soaked crusader.

Crusader "I believe in the word of Jesus, I kill you Muslim boy!!"
Muslim "I believe in the word of Jesus, I kill you Christian boy!"
Jesus "Guys...er, I think you missed the point about the love and peace stuff"

Errrm, isn't this going slightly off topic?

Where have I heard that before???

HBoy";p="1649499 said:

I think my choices are:

3. Take it down, dye it black and re-fly it :cry: .[/quote]

Dye it black, then it turns into a West Country flag??? They have their own flag down there?

Personally, I think, after Rooneys outburst at the fans, use it as toilet paper, then post it off to Rooney c/o Man U, OLD Trafford, Manchester, Salford. But don't put enough postage on, so has to pay the excess.

Rooney - as I know you use this forum - harsh I know, vent your frustration on the pitch, aimed at goal, via the ball. NOT the MILLIONS of people that are backing you. (No I don't think he does, I think he gets a granny in)

Dye it black, then it turns into a West Country flag??? They have their own flag down there?
Further on from the west country its Cornwalls flag.

Well I saw at least 5 at the side of the road driving in to work today.

They must be left there for a new council rubbish collection service ;)

Sponsored Links
Back