What Do Plumbers Use Plumbers Mait For?

Sponsored Links
i actually developed a dead eye dick ability to acurately and stelthily use my blowpipe to great effect using plumbers mait in the early 90's when i was apprentice. used to kneel on the door mat and fire it through the letter box at passers by, stung some old birds arse so hard once she dropped her shopping. not proud of it now of course. young scallywags :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I actually use it for what it is designed, but then I am odd; I hate things that others find easy, and happily do that what others consider hard.
When sticking a waste outlet on bath or sink, I tend to first do it dry. If it works, fine, leave it. If it drips, slap a load of plumber's mait around it, and job done.
That`s not hard ;) You should make a hemp grommett and paste it for the underside of wastes. Or a lead washer with hemp wrap for a Belfast sink :idea: And Red Lead Putty under taps in basins.

Oh how I loved the red lead and putty, to seal the taps, wastes etc.

The Wannabeeesss spend hours trying to get them out now. :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back