What Do You Use Your's For?

we use one regularly for doing breakfast whilst having weekends away at autograss racing

Sponsored Links
Ever heard the phrase RTFM?
It says in the George manual NOT to push down on it or apply pressure to the food, otherwise it dries out. Everytime I'm using it and anyone wanders into the kitchen I always get "oh you should push down on the top, makes it cook quicker"

Those of you that complain about the lack of taste, are actually complaining about the lack of fat, the very product the George was designed to remove from the cooking process in the first place.

You can get overpriced scourers for cleaning the thing. Like normal brillo pads but with grooves in. But tbh if you give it a quick wipe down with some (dry) kitchen towel, after it's been allowed to cool down for a few minutes then it should stay clean for next time.

Another practical yet dull posting from Deluks :LOL:

Should maybe start a thread called "What useless gadgets do you have in your kitchen/workshop" :LOL: :LOL:

I don't have any useless gadgets because I try my best to stay out of the kitchen!!!!! :LOL: :LOL:
You girls and your gadgets heh :D

Threw ours away years ago. The thing gets too hot and food just burns and welds to it.

We had a small one which we used almost every day for years - thought it was great. It did however, eventually pack up and we bought a new, slightly bigger one. This one does exactly as you say, gets too hot and just turns everything black on the outside and only just cooked in the middle and most of the food sticks to the thing.

Its not stuck on the end of our kitchen worktop where hopefully one day we will 'accidentally' knock it off, it'll break into little bits and then can legitimately throw it away!!

Sponsored Links
I am not sure whether this will work in a GF grill but those in possession could give this a try. I occasionally grill some tomatoes and sardines and bung them on some pasta. It’s brill and very healthy – sorry moderators, if it is contrary to forum rules to recommend food that is nutritious :rolleyes: . The important thing is here is not to use any crappy old tomatoes so forego anything British or Dutch, go for Italian, Sicilian or Spanish. As for the sardines don’t arrse around with that John West bilge. Try those from Waitrose: Sardine al Limone or al Piquant. Must say that the latter often presages a quick visit to the bog. There are some (again from Waitrose) that come with a mushroom sauce which are excellent but not often available.

Hope this post was not too Waitrose-centric. ;)

George Foreman is great, I cook all meats on it.

But I am willing for my food to be a tad on the dry side and to know that all that fat isn't in me.

If you don't leave it on too long it's fine.

I also put vegetables on it too.

Sponsored Links
Back