What have you been doing today?

Sponsored Links
So THATS where those missing valve keys and tread depth gauge went to. They were underneath the machine all along.

IMG_0847.jpeg

Having a right good clean up. The place has gotten rather dirty. Tackled my kitchenette - quite well fitted out for a workshop. Bleached all the crockery and cutlery. Cleaned out the fridge, toaster, meecrowahvé and cupboards. They were mingin’!

IMG_0849.jpeg

Then had a bit of luck - the scrap man came round. He took the washing machine, the lockers, a few batteries, some suspension legs, one of my bolt buckets, brake discs and drums and a few flywheels and clutches that I had laying about. Very pleased with my days efforts. :giggle:

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I have been reading about the geezer with a LR which he handed back to the lease company because LR could not insure it and a quote from another company was £14, 000....

Before he took it back, he removed the tracker.

Later, the car was stolen.

Finally, got my little bit of an office space a bit nearer completed. Two colour lazers, one B&W office, sprawled across what had been a mobile computer desk, which was jamming the room up. Today, made up a shelving unit, so the three printers could be stacked, and the mobile desk can then go on FB market.

As I'd got the car out of the garage, to use that extra covered space to make up the shelving unit, we cracked on with turning the pallets, partially stripped last week, into planters.

Travelling up the M40 and M6 to Keswick.

Observing all the numpties who haven’t got a clue about lane discipline ☹️

I think driving standards have dropped since the 80s. And I'm including those that you would have called "professional" drivers too.

The things I see most often are

1. Drivers just shoving their way on to a DC or MW.

2. Drivers not following MSM. Some indicate as they move, others indicate while they are lane straddling, others don't bother at all.

3. Tailgating.

Doesn't bother me, I have my own personal, traffic free lane on motorways, except on smart motorways where other drivers are allowed into my lane for some reason.

Found where a mouse had got into the kitchen by way of big hole in brickwork under kitchen sink, however outside hole filled meaning it had come along the cavity (insulated) from somewhere else! That being a complete mystery as I have not yet found any substantial cracks in the external brickwork :unsure: So filling the hole in the kitchen is only half the job:(

Still busy turning pallets into planters. Got two small ones built up, no working on an 8 foot long one, which will be so heavy, it will need tenon joints for rigidity....

For speed and ease of making the joints, I investigated whether my sliding, electric mitre saw, included some sort of vertical depth of cut stop. It did, sort of - a weird arrangement of a bolt and locknut, plus an arm which slid into place, to stop it, or not stop it going down to full depth. With a second similar bolt alongside it. I managed to get it to work just fine, but I did wonder, quite what the designer had in mind, when designing it.

Went up Barclays to close my business account - not really needed anymore as any of my consultancy work will be paid into my personal account. What a faff - I haven’t been in a bank for years. The stupid woman behind the counter knew less about closing a business account than I did. It clearly said online to close it at the bank, take the debit card and two forms of ID with you, which I did. She was adamant that you couldn’t do it at the bank and she gave me a piece of A4 paper, told me to write a letter there and then saying I wanted to close it and she would copy it and send it off by email for me and 'see what happens'! I told her to forget it, went back home, phoned up and it was closed in 5 minutes. I suspect it could have been because it was 10 minutes to closing time. No wonder banks are closing their branches if that’s the help they give.

Went up Barclays to close my business account - not really needed anymore as any of my consultancy work will be paid into my personal account. What a faff - I haven’t been in a bank for years. The stupid woman behind the counter knew less about closing a business account than I did. It clearly said online to close it at the bank, take the debit card and two forms of ID with you, which I did. She was adamant that you couldn’t do it at the bank and she gave me a piece of A4 paper, told me to write a letter there and then saying I wanted to close it and she would copy it and send it off by email for me and 'see what happens'! I told her to forget it, went back home, phoned up and it was closed in 5 minutes. I suspect it could have been because it was 10 minutes to closing time. No wonder banks are closing their branches if that’s the help they give.

I've been with Barclays for 30+ years and, I've never really had a problem (that I've only really ever had wages paid in, and spent it afterwards though, probably had something to do with that).

However, I recently went "into branch" with second-born, to set up an account for him.
Considering that something like 50% of customers never change their bank account, you'd think they'd be keen on signing up another mug customer, who they can milk for the next fifty or more years.

Not a bit of it; they couldn't have been less enthusiastic if they'd skidding on some dog shoite, then walked it all through their house.

Three weeks, just to make an appointment to see an adviser.

HSBC got his custom.

I've been with Barclays for 30+ years
We opened our joint Barclays account in 1984 when we got married. We have a joint, a personal and a savings account with them and I’ve had several business accounts with them over the years.

I sometimes get the idea that many things in a branch are done to discourage their use - thus justifying their closure. Lloyds always used to have counter for cash transactions and enquiries for anything else. Now they seem to handle lots of non cash enquiries and transactions at the till, meaning even a very small queue takes ages to move. Probably to discourage further visits or get you to use their various machines which are hopeless.

Sponsored Links
Back