What have you been doing today?

We have most of our vast fortune with two local BSs, branches open in our town almost next door to each other, staffed by cheerful lovely ladies, always been happy with the service

Sponsored Links
Sat in a hospital chair for over 4 hours while getting pumped with various medications by way of drips.
Start off first drip with a flush, then get one of the meds, then a flush before another med, then a flush et al.
All in all, seven drips consisting of 4 flushes and three meds. Each stage took different times and then at the end come out with some meds to take at certain times of the day over the next three days.
Then a 'rest' for a few days, (where I will probably be laid up when the side effects kick in), before going through it all again next Monday.

When I was a student, I had a Barclays account.

One day I got a snotty letter informing me I was only £10 in credit and could I rectify the situation forthwith.

I did. I marched into the branch and closed the account.

Fuming.

Sponsored Links

One day I got a snotty letter informing me I was only £10 in credit and could I rectify the situation forthwith.

Fuming.

Not on the same scale, but made me think of a lad who used to work with me.

Ranting on the phone to his bank one afternoon, the full "don't you know you I am?" routine.
Even the "My family has banked with you for forty years, but I'll make sure we take our business elsewhere!"

Ended up, he had an overdraft of about £5k, and they weren't keen on extending it :ROFLMAO:

I pointed out that he was hardly in a strong bargaining position :-d

Fuming.

When I was off to Australia I had (still have) the platinum account. One of the benifits of that account was the Lloyds lounge at Heathrow. Free drink and food in comfortable relaxing room.

When I tried to book it I was told that I had to have booked my flights with Lloyd's.

,"Oh no it never said that when I signed up. And I did try to book with Lloyds but with discount you where still too expensive."

I had a good few thousand in the account after selling two flats.

"I will pull all my money out of Lloyds if I don't get my pass" x 2.

I got my pass and got ****ed.

Good luck, Conny (y)
Yeah, same here Conny, good luck. The FIL went through that a few times and didn’t feel too good afterwards. Always complained of a metallic taste in his mouth during the drips so sucked his way though bags of boiled sweets.

Yeah, same here Conny, good luck. The FIL went through that a few times and didn’t feel too good afterwards. Always complained of a metallic taste in his mouth during the drips so sucked his way though bags of boiled sweets.

I think that wsd the worst thing apart from feeling shiť. Everything tasted like dirty brown coins. Food could smell amazing but it all tasted like dirty brown coins.

Good luck Conny I'm thinking of you.x

Feeding the local wood pigeon gang. They wait for me like vultures every morning to scatter some seed onto my lawn.

IMG_0868.jpeg

Feeding the local wood pigeon gang. They wait for me like vultures every morning to scatter some seed onto my lawn.

View attachment 332083
In our last house we had an electric cable running across the bottom of the garden at tree top height.
The wood pigeons would sit on it and just $hit in a long line across the lawn. It was disgusting! I got one of those bird scarer hawks, and it worked quite well for a few months, till they sussed it didn't seem to move from the same section and the started coming back. Moved it to the other side and they buggered off again. :LOL: :LOL:

Fuming.

I have three TSB accounts, one with 'a substantial sum' in it, the other two with just 1p in - because I've not used them for years. I tried numerous times, to get them to close the accounts, without going 30 miles there and back to do it - they will not close it via the phone. The only thing is, they have not pestered me to close it.

Garden in our new home showing before and after clearance.
IMG_0216.JPG
IMG_0218.JPG
IMG_0219.JPG
Final Clearance..JPG

And the full length from the patio.
Full length from patio..JPG

We found some crap under all that lot! An old broken trailer, car tyres and wheels and about a dozen beer kegs, just to name a few!

Sponsored Links
Back