What have you been doing today?

Sponsored Links
Friend of mine many years ago had a garage door that opened on it's own, he eventually pinned it down to it opening every time an ambulance went past, :unsure:

His had something on the controller that he adjusted to lessen the signal distance.

Back in the days when they just worked on a frequency, this one's a bit more sophisticated - it works on a frequency, plus a rolling code. Not the right code, it gets ignored.

Whilst on with that, I caught the garage roller door opening up, all by itself, several times. It has two radio remotes, and a wired remote. The controller was flashing one of it's LED, as if it was getting some sort of signal, to do something, so probably a job to investigate tomorrow. For now, close it and switch the power off..

Time for another look at the door control system and I managed to work out it had 4 red LED's on the PCB, two on all the time, one flashes on when manual button pressed, the fourth flashes when a wireless button is pressed. I'd spotted the latter LED randomly flashing, when the door misbehaved this afternoon. Then I began checking the remotes and spotted one of the tiny 12v batteries, was almost flat, the one by my back door. Obviously the cause, but strange it should transmit an open door command, as the battery was failing, yet no button pressed..

Sponsored Links
That's a cool crop - like a mini forest in the lawn. (y)
Have you seen many ladybirds in the mot-plot?
I've been havoc'd by the dratted things all afternoon, out tidying up a garden.
Beautiful day, though; a last breath of Autumn before the weather turns chilly next week.

Absolutely swarming with ladybirds here today.

Then I began checking the remotes and spotted one of the tiny 12v batteries, was almost flat, the one by my back door. Obviously the cause, but strange it should transmit an open door command, as the battery was failing, yet no button pressed..
Fail to safe? Possibly a feature.

Absolutely swarming with ladybirds here today.
Aye, it must take 'em longer to swarm further north: only a couple more days and the weather will close in on them - they sound like Rice Krispies when you step on 'em, y'know. Crackly critters. :mrgreen:

7.30 and just back from the gym! Tried out a local one to see if it’s for me. Just did half an hour in the pool and had a little go on everything in the fitness suite. I’ve never seen so many fit young ladies in yoga pants in one place at the same time. Stretching, bending, squatting…it will be worth the membership for that alone! :ROFLMAO:

7.30 and just back from the gym! Tried out a local one to see if it’s for me. Just did half an hour in the pool and had a little go on everything in the fitness suite. I’ve never seen so many fit young ladies in yoga pants in one place at the same time. Stretching, bending, squatting…it will be worth the membership for that alone! :ROFLMAO:
Swimming & cycling, the 2 best ways to start a fitness regime. Find the local gym that all the serious people use, there will be a trainer there who can do more for you in 30mins than you could ever do for yourself.

Oh btw, perving in the gym, those laydeez are onto you, some very popular channels using spycams to expose & laff at the pervys.

So far this morning, up at 6.00, swim, gym, dog walk, breakfast. Just had a little nap. Going to cut the grass, make lunch for when Mrs Mottie gets home and then another stint over the plot until the bees notice me there.

Sponsored Links
Back