What have you been doing today?

Worried about the locals breeding, I'm thinking of running classes on how to roll a condom.

It'll be one weekend in March if anyone wants to show support and come!

Sponsored Links
Had to pop over the Olympic village this morning. I’m always amazed that this tower block doesn’t snap in half.

IMG_0905.jpeg

On my way home, I had to stop off at Upton Park. I saw a well fit arse in Green street market.

IMG_0911.jpeg

Shame it was only on a dummy on a clothes stall!

IMG_0911.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Went to my workshop this afternoon on the way home from my part-time quality control job to do a bit more maintenance on it before it goes up for rent or sale. I’m doing all the things I’ve ignored for ages. Today I fixed a leaking toilet, cleaned and repositioned 8 CCTV camera's and finally got around to repairing the roller shutters that I’ve been struggling with for the last ten years - took me all of two hours to fix them all!

The dog, has had a few stumbles, then last week had a fall getting up the stairs, so I've been thinking up ideas to help her manage the stairs. There is a largely redundant stair lift, on the stairs, so I was focused on finding a way for her to perhaps use that - the main sticking point, I thought, would be getting her to use it. She can be quite nervous and reluctant of some things.

The process recently has been - she will not go up in front of me, I go up, followed by her, then Avril last, to catch her if she stumbles. Avril, is away for four days, so the problem has come to a head, and a solution had to be found. She is too big to be able to just sit on the stair lift foot plate/foot rest, or the seat, besides it would be a real struggle getting her on the seat, so footplate it had to be, somehow...

The underside of the footplate, has trap sensors, to prevent things on the stairs being run over, and folds up, out of the way. Yesterday, I found a piece of board, 35 x 14", which I managed to lash temporarily onto the foot plate, cantilevered out behind with rope, added a cushion. Then spent an hour trying to tempt her onto it. It wasn't easy, but I got her there in the end and got her to lay down. Holding her still at the shoulder, I ran the lift all the way to the top, then back down, with no sign of panic.

Come bedtime, she sleeps on the landing, I did the same, but told her to get off at the top. She got off, seeming to be quite happy with the idea of riding up the stairs, instead of struggling. Having proved the principle works, today I'll try to improve on the idea, make a board with steel brackets, so it hooks into place, and upholster it.

Last edited:
Stuck in Ipswich hospital since yesterday afternoon.
Got out the shower and noticed my ankles looked a bit puffy. Mid-morning it had spread to my mid calves so called oncology helpline. Told to go to A&E immediately. Spent afternoon and most of evening in a side room till they found me a bed in EAU, (Emergency Assessment Unit). Spent the night in there and most of today until around 6.00pm a bed was found on a medical ward, where I will stay for at least a few days or until they get the swelling down. Feel like I'm being shunted around like a grenade with the pin pulled. Oncology can't take me as it's not the chemo thats caused it, Nephrology won't take me because apparently, I have a chest infection and chest dept have no available beds. Been pumped with drugs via drips, also meds in tablet form and liquid form.
Getting slightly pee'd off with this cancer $hit now!

Sponsored Links
Back