What have you been doing today?

Sponsored Links
Bless you, it is frustrating at the very least.

You would think the staff would recognise the raised risks of infection and get some fresh air on the ward.
They do let me go downstairs, (lift) because I'm on 7th floor. But then when I come back in it's humid.
Two weeks now, and not much chance of getting out before Wednesday, by the looks of things.

Sponsored Links
They do let me go downstairs, (lift) because I'm on 7th floor. But then when I come back in it's humid.
Two weeks now, and not much chance of getting out before Wednesday, by the looks of things.

It always amazes me how hot they keep hospitals. I’d imagine being on the 7th floor, the windows don’t open too well? Mrs Mottie works in an office that is a converted room in a hospital and she says the windows hardly open as they have suicide straps on them!

When I was in hospital Jaundice my room was so hot with no control.
My skin was so itchy it was horrible
My problem was I was also recovering from Pneumonia and I needed to keep myself warm.

It was snowing outside, I had to open the windows fully and my door open for an airflow.

Problem with that was I also had Covid. So the nurses didn't want my door open.

I just got rebellious in the end so I'd go out for a walk past 12 so no one was around. And my door stayed open.

I hate hospitals

I like them.
So far, every time I’ve gone into one I’ve came out better than when I went in.

Outpatients is just about bearable, but being an inpatient stinks...even if you leave in a better state than when you went in. The longer you have to stay in, the stinkier it gets.

I just wish I was not in the position to have to visit so often, but you can't change history. I am where I am and I make the best of it.

I like them.
So far, every time I’ve gone into one I’ve came out better than when I went in.

I did love hospitals. I even liked the food.

As a kid with Dehydration I was in and out. I loved the attention.

In Australia I was in St Vincent's with a crushed pancreas, not nice but I loved the attention from the young Nurses and the girls from Bondi visiting me.

But I've been in Hospital every year since 2019 except this year fingers ✝️ed.

My Hospital is a hole and even Addenbrookes was shiī.

December 22 I was in for 3 weeks. I said then never again. Mid January 23 I was back in for 2 weeks.

I just wish I was not in the position to have to visit so often, but you can't change history. I am where I am and I make the best of it.

I'm looking after myself now. My only bug is the beer .
My diet is very good but not perfect.
I eat gut health food every day
My fruit intake has gone up 5 fold
Every morning I have a cold shower
Chew my food more than I did. (Still not perfect)
Started my yoga school up again. Costs £78 but it worth every penny.

I'm not going back in. I can't remember the last time I was unwell

Yeah. Awful. And I like hospital food. Reminds me of school food, which I also liked!

But the veggie Christmas dinner was awful.

Mrs S brought in a plate from home.

The second Xmas I was in, they kept me in longer as they couldn't find a wheelchair for a fat ****er. Then they didn't have the right drugs to send me home with.

But the thing that added the most days on was the staff: the poor bu99ers being understaffed and overworked meant they just didn't get it together to do all the paperwork for my discharge.

Finally, they did and I was sent to the discharge lounge, but there wasn't an ambulance driver (can't remember the reason why, but they insisted I was driven home and a taxi would not do).

In desperation, I rang Mrs S and she came. It was quite funny. She rolled up with a hi-vis vest on and a FF wheelchair.

"I've come for Mr Secure", she said...

And I was free!

Just went out the garden to top up my bird feeders and as usual, a little sparrow was poking its head out of a small gap in the cement fillet between the flank wall and the roof tile of my neighbours house and chirping away merrily. All of a sudden, a starling (I thought) tried to get in the hole but it was too big although it was hovering in front of it like a humming bird. When I looked closely, it was a bird of prey of some kind. It settled on the apex of the roof for a while. I went in to get my phone but when I came out, it flew off. It was dark grey all over and not coloured like a sparrow hawk at all. Not much bigger than a starling. Any ideas what it could have been?

Sponsored Links
Back