What have you been doing today?

Made a nice curry for tea tonight from a leg and a breast of turkey that I fished out from the depths of our freezer. Pretty sure it was left over from Christmas just gone and not the one before…..

Sponsored Links
Made a nice curry for tea tonight from a leg and a breast of turkey that I fished out from the depths of our freezer. Pretty sure it was left over from Christmas just gone and not the one before…..

Well, you've got a bit of timber to lose so, if it's off, it won't have gone to waste ;) :ROFLMAO:

Into my second day of 7 days of Amoxicillin.

Perhaps I'm being impatient, but the only change I have noticed is that my cough is worse!

I cannot sleep in bed and can only manage to sleep in my armchair for short periods, before waking up coughing.

I've been given 21 tablets of 500mg of Amoxicillin each. So, 1.5g of antibiotics daily.

Perhaps I'm being impatient, but the only change I have noticed is that my cough is worse!

I cannot sleep in bed and can only manage to sleep in my armchair for short periods, before waking up coughing.

I've been given 21 tablets of 500mg of Amoxicillin each. So, 1.5g of antibiotics daily.

Co-amoxiclav is what they gave me to treat my pneumonia.
It contains amoxicillin

They believe it coursed my Jaundice liver failure.

Sponsored Links

Some of the side effects of Amoxicillin are difficulty in breathing, sleeping, urinating…..

Travelled up to the Forest of Dean today. Staying in a converted barn on a proper working farm. Eating in tonight and will be doing some nice long walks from the door tomorrow. We have a hot tub outside warming up as I type. A few drinks and I’ll be in there later. View from the lounge:

IMG_6140.jpeg

Last edited:
My PSA the first time the alarms sounded, was 11-ish, which triggered US, the big magnet and the long finger, then following year 12-ish with more of the same. Last week PSA down to below the threshold of 6.3, at 6 :)

You can ask for a copy of the scan on a DVD, and the software to show your insides, as a souvenir. .
My PSA level whilst quiet low (under 6) has doubled in a short timespan - under 18months. The medical centre I'm under are very proactive and he discussed the rise with me, along with unrination and any unrination problems.
He did a digital examination and then put me forward for the span and treatment if necessary.

So I have a hard spot on the Prostrate which has now been sampled. Just have to wait on the results.

I'd sooner get this out of the way than wait until it worse. A neighbour has had his prostrate sorted but had delayed it a considerable time before getting it resolved. He now has incontinence issues.

Christ - I can’t believe how dark it is up here. Just let the dog out for a wee and the stars! I saw a satellite go over too. Bloody nippy out there though. Tomorrow night I might go out with a coat and a chair and just watch.

Christ - I can’t believe how dark it is up here. Just let the dog out for a wee and the stars! I saw a satellite go over too. Bloody nippy out there though. Tomorrow night I might go out with a coat and a chair and just watch.

Not sure if you ever went, but biggest night skies I saw were in Kruger Park. Hundreds of miles from towns and cities, the sky went on for ever and never realised so many stars up there. Used to take a chair out and sit looking up for ages. Once saw a thunder storm in the distance across the bush which was quite spectacular.

I did this in the early 90s on the A272. My chariot of choice at the time was a Maestro VdP. I had stopped in a layby for a snooze. The car had a sunroof and as I was settling down, I opened the sunroof and was amazed at the beauty of the night sky.

Been awake for an hour. It’s now pìssing down. One disadvantage of sleeping in a converted barn with no ceiling and a velum in the bedroom is the noise of the rain on the roof. It’s no quieter than sleeping in a tent!

Still stuck in hospital. Three weeks this coming Sunday. Feels like 6 bloody months!
Looking to move me to a nursing home next week as they have done all they can for me here. Cancer is spreading and could only have a few weeks left. Not been an easy journey, but all financial affairs in order. Just a case of trying to enjoy what time we have left together.
Sorry to be such a downbeat.
Treasure your family. You never know whats going to happen or when.

Sponsored Links
Back