What have you been doing today?

Hospital appointment today, to see my renal consultant, as a follow up to a phone appointment. During the phone appointment, I complained about my energy levels, quickly being depleted, and would it be worth considering them giving me iron injections? It was agreed it might be worthwhile, dependent on my next, pre-appointment blood tests. Basically - I set off at 100mph and simply, quickly, run out of steam, then I want to collapse in a corner, until I recover. My legs turn to lead, and I struggle to get enough oxygen into my blood.

I got my iron today :)

I also met a chatty guy in the waiting room, half my age, and he described the exact same symptoms.

Better yet, I got the iron boost, just in time for a week away :)

Sponsored Links
Finally getting after a nasty chest infection that lasted at least 5 weeks. Quite a few I know have had similar, inc. family.
I have finished antibiotics for my chest infection but I've still got a really annoying cough weeks later.

Did you have a cough also?

Yeah thanks. She has a lot of the same symptoms. She’s up A&E now as her hands and feet turned red which is a possible symptom of Sepsis.
Sh1t. Sorry to hear that. Fingers crossed she gets sorted.

I decided to make the perfect quiche for tea tonight. I bought the pastry case, 5 eggs beaten with some grated Parmesan in them, a grated cheddar base, mushrooms, tiny broccoli florets, onions and some cherry tomatoes, halved and set out in rather geometric pattern. I forgot to take it out of the tin foil casing so I delicately removed it and placed it on a baking tray. Turned out the tray was just a little bit too small and it wouldn’t lay flat so I transferred it to a bigger one….and then the f’cking thing basically shattered into a hundred pieces and the mixture went everywhere. I screamed and cursed so much, Mrs Mottie thought I’d cut myself with the knife and came running downstairs. She was just in time to see me throw the lot in the bin. Ended up getting a pizza out of the freezer and I’ve just about calmed down now.

Sponsored Links
Hospital appointment today, to see my renal consultant, as a follow up to a phone appointment.

and just been for a soak, in the bath. I just tell the dog, and she likes to go up with me, and sit by the side of the bath keeping me company, except recently she has been struggling a bit with the stairs. On a night, going up to bed, I've managed to teach her to precede one of us, to get a push from behind. I even modified the stair-lift foot rest, so she could lay on that, and be conveyed up the stairs. She even did it a few times.

Today, I just said 'I'm going for a bath', and she climbed on the adapted stair-lift foot rest, and with a bit of encouragement stayed there, still standing, so I pressed the remote 'up' button, and up she went, still standing, then climbed off nonchalantly, when it stopped, at the top.

Sh1t. Sorry to hear that. Fingers crossed she gets sorted.
Thanks. They found nothing wrong! She's been with the SIL since yesterday. Been as good as gold all day. Around 6.30ish she was back seeing things. The dementia nurse says that’s common and is known as sundowning. The SIL is keeping her until tomorrow and we are having her for Friday and Saturday night. Hopefully we can get her into a home for a couple of weeks respite while we find somewhere more permanent if there’s no improvement.

urine infection is a symptom and precursor to Dementia, obvious sign is strong smelling urine
This is a bit worrying for me.

he was popping co-codololl like smarties and then complaining he couldn't defecate - that was when I found out that opioids affect the bowel actions - so make sure your MIL doesn't consume to many of such.
That explains why I suffer too. I used to take Paracetamol and codeine (30 mg) and ibuprofen together, but have been advised to stop the last one because of my hypertension.

Most of the time I can manage but occasionally I get bunged up and have a horrendous time trying to shift it. Not going into any further detail!

Went up to the workshop by train today to finish the Golf off now that I had the parts. Walking down Green Street I reflected on the change of view. Now there is this:

IMG_1318.jpeg

Where there used to be this:

IMG_1323.jpeg

All that remains in the area that would give future visitors a clue of how things used to be is this statue opposite the Boleyn pub commemorating when West Ham won the World Cup final.

IMG_1320.jpeg

I can remember that spot well - years ago there were underground toilets there so even that statue is built on a shìthouse!

Stockport's infamous Merseyway precinct was built on what used to be the A560 through the town centre which was itself built over the river Mersey.

The precinct had underground toilets which, thinking about it, must have been close to the river. I wonder where the, erm, waste went?

I have finished antibiotics for my chest infection but I've still got a really annoying cough weeks later.

Did you have a cough also?

I had antibiotics and all they did was upset my stomach. I believe unless you have specific tests, doctors don't know whether a chest infection is bacterial or viral. Antibiotics will only treat the bacterial version, I believe.

I had a cough for weeks - mostly when lay down which was a bit of a bugger when trying to get some sleep, but seems to have gone now. Still some nasty tasting stuff coming up from my lungs if I lie down, but after lying for a bit it stops and no more for the rest of the day. Almost like my lungs need a once daily lie down to clear out remaining fluid/mucus in them. It's a lot better than it was, but it's a long process to gradually get back to normal. Something going on in my nose too.Had chest x-ray earlier in week to check progress, not phoned gp for results yet. Slowly improving, at least the night sweats gone now. Suppose it's yet another downside of getting older.

Towing the caravan up to the north/east, for a week away. Listening to the weather reports, of high winds for today, I was considering delaying, but it was quite calm at launch time, so decided to go ahead with it - not fun towing a large caravan in high winds. We got all the way there, and almost set up, before the wind started, so decided not to risk putting air awning up.

Towing the caravan up to the north/east, for a week away. Listening to the weather reports, of high winds for today, I was considering delaying, but it was quite calm at launch time, so decided to go ahead with it - not fun towing a large caravan in high winds. We got all the way there, and almost set up, before the wind started, so decided not to risk putting air awning up.
Whereabouts are you staying?

Sponsored Links
Back