what is lead flash?

Apparently it is Denso flashing

The packet even says "lead like"

I have sent a cheque for £50.00 and explained my problem re the lack of lead and the fact i simply would not have engaged someone to do something I could do myself for such a cost

He has said he will refer me to the debt cllectors unless I pay in full...

He is still calling it lead flash band and insists this is standard terminology... Does anyone out there agree with this?

Do I stand my ground?

I have gone to citizens advice and the detail has been passed to trading standards but advice from there seems so vague so far...[/img]

Sponsored Links
He has said he will refer me to the debt cllectors unless I pay in full...

[/img]

Don't be worried about that.

Debt collectors have no power at all. If one does get in touch, just advise them that you have paid, or offered payment, and you do not acknowledge any debt. If need be offer them the £50 and make sure to write "in full and final settlement" on your letter

You could also tell them that you do not want them to contact you further, else you will consider it harassment.

If you want to counter his threat with one of your own, then you could tell the builder that you are prepared to go to independent mediation regarding the disputed quotation, and also to be bound by an independent expert report and scrutiny of the standard of the work done and amount charged. And also state (in a letter) that you will "notify the court in any subsequent claim" of the builders failure to agree to your reasonable proposals

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back