What is method statement?

Apart from maybe not being able to diagnose noise related faults as well as others, I personally dont see what the problem is with a deaf person with a hearing aid working on gas.

Ive worked with many older people on sites in the past who were very hard of hearing and they managed just fine. Ok as stated, a falling object may be a hazard but that can be avoided with good housekeeping practice on site.

Just remember to do the flame failure tests by manually relighting also, feeling the pump vibrations would indicate if faulty also.

Its entirely your choice but I wouldn't pass on the opportunity to learn the gas side of things if your company are paying for the training costs.
If you do have problems fault finding due to it, you can always just do servicing.

Good luck with whatever you do anyway
:D

Sponsored Links
Hearing and understanding English is very important for yours and others safety.

in a fire everyone evacuates except you unless someone grabs you.

An object falls from above, they shout "BELOW" it lands on you head.

Hearing is also required when working in the gas industry and is as important as sight.

On a building site you would be a liability.

Yeah, hearing might be a problem when doing safety test on FFD, FSD but still able to feel it clunk. Having no problem with field training.

Dan.

Stick with it man, im sure you'll figure out ways around hearing for faults and issues. Like the FFD/FSD for example... You can use the ugauge to prove its failing to safe, and technically it is much more acurate than feeling for a click. Plenty of engineers with the ability to hear have listened for a click on a gv that is still passing gas.

personally i would prefer a disabled person to some of the dickheads that don't give a toss about anything or anyone

jp
Do you want a plumber with knackered knees who can`t bend/kneel :idea: Gissa job ( cash only )

Sponsored Links
as others have said, a method statement is a logical way to approach and do a task, this is the way the tests and tasks should be written in your training notes so write it down from there, if a person can hear and speak we ask them to describe the process to gauge whether they have an understanding of it, if your hearing is impaired then getting you to write it down is the next best thing, but a method statement makes me think of a full process for say fitting a full heating system, so you consider in your method statement things like preparing the house for the work to be done, barriers when floors are up, dustsheets, notices stuck everywhere, safe working and storage of materials etc etc , then their is the ladderwork, roofwork and using plant safely,

Back