What is the warranty period

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
What is the warranty GREENSTAR 30CDi period and Type Heat exchangers product along with Catalog someone has the schematic

Sponsored Links
Try asking a question that we can understand..... What do you want?

This is a UK site and we have little knowledge of commercial practices in Armenia. Suggest you ask your local supplier.

Sponsored Links
Is the question how long is the warranty on a Worcestor bosch heat excanger ?? I think in the U.K its 10 years , ??? am I correct ? think I read it some where ? it's subject to domestic use & there are loads of if's & but's , or what might be refered to as manu's get out clause's . I think ??

Most manufacturers only warrantee their boilers in the countries which they are supplied to directly by Worcester.

Vaillant probably has better coverage in Europe.

Tony

something that might be of interest ,or not? when I installed 6 boilers abroad , in Spain the boilers were taken over there from the U.K , the only manufacturer who stated that there boilers were legal to take to spain from the U.K were wait for it, Raven heat , obviously no warranty was offered I did ask , the phone just went silent , which I took as a no !
If it's of any interest we did'nt fit Ravenheats . We even service the boilers ounce a year ! Biasi boilers , was it legal .No comment .

There is nothing illegal about taking UK boilers to Spain or anywhere else for that matter.

Nor to fit them there subject to any local regulations.

Many manufacturers would also replace any parts which failed during the warrantee period as long as you returned the faulty part to them in the UK for replacement.

Very unlikely for a UK boiler to fail if properly installed.

Tony

I am afraid I will beg to differ , we spoke to the Spanish Embassey , & were in contact with Biasi U.K , & at that time it was not legal to take Biasi boilers from the U.K , to Spain , although at the time Biasi boilers were subject to some type of certification , in Spain we had an emphatic No from them . Some countries might be O.K but not Spain at that time !!

I think you may be not assigning the meaning of the words accurately.

To be "illegal to take a Biasi to Spain" means that to do so would contravene a law of either country.

You would need a goods export form in the UK and presumably something similar in Spain.

As to installation, local regs might need a particularly qualified installer.

The only other regulation in the EU is that the appliance is CE certified. Biasi boilers are anywhere.

Why do you think it is illegal?

In any case you did fit six anyway. Was that an illegal import or an illegal install ?

Tony

:) Probably illegal to install , in so far as the appliances were not designated for the Spanish market , we did however have all the necesary paperwork to carry out actual work , logic would dictate that any appliance designated to a particular country by any manu' must come with instructions in that countrys language , also ref'to various B.Standards would have no relevance e.c.t , In Italy for example they have or had different ventilation requirements , for cooking appliances .
Or the only other explanation is , Biasi U.K mislead me , which I must admit would not surprise me .

Suppose I wanted to bring and fit a boiler made for example in Greece?

It would be a restriction on my freedom of choice if a law prevented me from fitting it here providing that all its characteristics did not infringe any gas regs applicable here.

Biasi boilers are known all over Italy and the UK and presumably in most other EU countries too. So I would be surprised if they infringed any local Spanish regulations.

Tony

some one needs to read up the regualtions on EEC and trading in member states,and what country the kit is safe to use in

No body lives long enough to be able to read all the paper generated at great cost in Brussels.

Thats to our advantage because regardless of what any paper says, nobody ever knows so transam can just take the boilers and fit them.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back