What kind of tap connector should I buy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is my kitchen tap.
2njlta8.jpg

This is my toilet tap.
nfkx6u.jpg

I am looking to buy a tap to hose pipe connector which fits both taps (or any one of them if that's not possible). Also, feel free to suggest a good website where I could buy it online.

Sponsored Links
Any good DIY shop will do an adaptor.
Bear in mind however if you are using it as a hosepipe outside you will not have suitable back flow prevention in place.
Just get an outside tap fitted that would be the best advice.

To all the people replying, just assume that I have 0 knowledge about plumbing because that's almost true.

Any good DIY shop will do an adaptor.
Bear in mind however if you are using it as a hosepipe outside you will not have suitable back flow prevention in place.
Just get an outside tap fitted that would be the best advice.

I had consulted with a plumber about fitting in an outside tap. He told me that in order to do so we'll have to dismantle the kitchen self because the stop tap is located underneath it (which is going to be pretty costly). So I wouldn't consider that as a viable option.

Secondly, how worried should I be about the back flow? This is the first time I've heard about it. After some googling it doesn't look like it's going to be a major problem unless I have toxic chemicals in the pipeline. Do correct me if I'm wrong.
Also, is there a way to minimise the risk of back flow? For example, maybe by not using any other tap when I'm using the hose pipe.

Just a thought - how about you try Google/Bing/Screwfix/B&Q & search for Hose connector

or try

http://www.hozelock.com/watering/hose-fittings/connect-to-tap.html[/QUOTE]

I had been to the website you've mentioned and tried to find a tap that looked like one of mine. However, I don't see any tap that's exactly like mine.
The following is the kitchen tap connector they have.
http://www.hozelock.com/watering/hose-fittings/connect-to-tap/kitchen-tap-connector-2159.html
As you can see, it looks quite different from my kitchen tap.
Last time I bought a tap connector from a store, it didn't really fit, so this time I'm gonna be extra sure before buying it.

So, it would be more helpful if you told me exactly which one of those tap connector is the right one for me.

Sponsored Links
I had consulted with a plumber about fitting in an outside tap. He told me that in order to do so we'll have to dismantle the kitchen self because the stop tap is located underneath it (which is going to be pretty costly). So I wouldn't consider that as a viable option.
If the stop tap is inaccessible, it needs to be fixed anyway.

What will you do when a pipe bursts and vast amounts of water is flooding through your house?

Isn't there a stop tap in the pavement outside?

I wouldn't find it easy to sleep at night knowing there's no way of shutting off my water in an emergency.

See below for details.
V
V
V
V
V
V

So, it would be more helpful if you told me exactly which one of those tap connector is the right one for me.

Please don't get arsey! Some People are genuinely trying to help you so you should appreciate it, don't try peoples patience! Newboy has suggested a good option, but it may not create a proper seal on your taps, as they are at an odd angle.

Have a look at this, as it may be more suitable for your taps.

http://www.hozelock.com/watering/hose-fittings/connect-to-tap/2177---indoor-round-tap-connector.html

Sorry if you found the replies unhelpful.

The website linked has a number of tap connectors (not just the one you selected) try item 2274

http://www.hozelock.com/watering/hose-fittings/connect-to-tap/tap-connectors.html[/QUOTE]

I have watched the video of all the tap connectors they have, however none of the taps in the video look like mine.
The tap connector you've mentioned is for square taps, but I think mine is a round tap. From what I just googled up, square taps and round taps have different types of connectors. I may very well be wrong about that as I'm not an expert on this stuff. If you want new pictures of my tap from different angles, I could do that, just tell me what angle you want the pictures to be taken from. Or any other details you want about my tap, just ask and I'll give it to you.

Please don't get arsey! Some People are genuinely trying to help you so you should appreciate it, don't try peoples patience! Newboy has suggested a good option, but it may not create a proper seal on your taps, as they are at an odd angle.

Have a look at this, as it may be more suitable for your taps.

http://www.hozelock.com/watering/ho...177---indoor-round-tap-connector.html[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but what exactly about my reply was 'arsey' and how on earth did I test anybody's patience? There's nothing wrong with being more specific about the details I am seeking, which by the way is the very reason he and you replied with more specific details. He clearly didn't think I was being arsey by the looks of his next reply, so who're you to criticise me? Maybe you're just too scornful for you own good. That my friend, is me being arsey right there. See the difference?

In any case, the tap you've shown looked really viable to me too, but one of the problem was that they haven't included any demo video so I couldn't really be certain. Another thing that bugged me was that it was titled "Round Mixer Tap Connector", the 'Mixer' part made me really uncomfortable. To the best of my knowledge, a mixer tap is a tap that can mix hot and cold water, but my tap only has cold water. I am still unsure if that plays any role at all in choosing tap connector.

Any help in removing my doubts would be appreciated.

All tap to hose connectors get a bit iffy after a while......are you sure there isn't any visible copper pipe beneath your sink that a plumber could tee in to, and fix you a proper outside tap?
If the water can't be turned off then it can be temporarily frozen.....but some sort of a working stopcock should be a priority. It's disastrous if you get a burst, and the insurers would be unhappy too.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back