What year were PVC cables introduced?

Carl Ott said:
Remember one guy (no nationality no pack drill) who asked us to downrate some of the 15 A sockets as he did not want to waste electricity :rolleyes:

When my dad was a student he lived with someone who insisted that you had to put those plastic childproofer things in unused plug sockets (the ones that look like plugs but made entirely of plastic). Reason being, the electricity would leak out and electrocute you otherwise! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Yes, I've heard various stories of people who believed such. Very common belief amongst the generation first to get electricity while being middle aged already.

I wonder if some of those companies that manufacture those absurd items that are a poor attempt at innovation (and barely work) made plastic childproofer things for that purpose, before childproofing was a concern.

"The NEW JML leckystoppa will save you pounds on your electricity bills!!"

AdamW said:
When my dad was a student he lived with someone who insisted that you had to put those plastic childproofer things in unused plug sockets (the ones that look like plugs but made entirely of plastic). Reason being, the electricity would leak out and electrocute you otherwise! :LOL:
He should have fooled him by using shutter-openers...

Sponsored Links
ban-all-sheds said:
I can't believe that there aren't several nylons or stockings oriented newsgroups...

Look - the hairs are growing on the palms of your hands already.... :evil:

If you can think of something where you think "No-one would every find THAT a turn-on!", then there are a million people who find it most alluring and pay vast sums of money to join websites about it...

I remember when I was 14 or so, and the internet was a rare thing for people in the UK to have at home (many years pre-google), me and a mate decided "let's look for pictures of naked women!"... I saw things that day that would turn the stomach of the most hardened rum-drunk nambla merchant navy captain. :eek:

You can't help but think "why is a fat bird smearing shoe polish on her face whilst cleaning her ears with a Q-tip, wearing dungarees and jelly sandals, whilst smoking a cigarette through her bum erotic?! Even more so when done in public?!?!". Yet people will pay money to see it! I mean, we all have our ideas, and I am sure everyone has some kinkiness in them, but there really are people taking pleasure in the most random stuff out there! :LOL:

AdamW said:
ban-all-sheds said:
I can't believe that there aren't several nylons or stockings oriented newsgroups...

Look - the hairs are growing on the palms of your hands already.... :evil:

If you can think of something where you think "No-one would every find THAT a turn-on!", then there are a million people who find it most alluring and pay vast sums of money to join websites about it...
Yo - that's why I said I can't believe there aren't - i.e. I believe there must be.

So just for securespark, if he can still read, and if his trembling hand can work the mouse:

a.b.p.nylons
a.b.p.pantyhose
a.b.p.e.stockingsex

i guess
a=alt
b=binarys
p=pictures
e=erotica

unrotunately most isps newsgroup servers don't carry the alt.binaries tree

Blooming, blimey, Gerald O'Riley, flipping flip!!! You lot are beginning to disturb me, already! Time was, a well-turned ankle was like Christmas-come-early for us well-turned-out, didn't-do-so-bad-after-all, look-after-yer-mam-an-dad, ordinary-fetishist-in-the-street. Now you want us to get all inventive about our pervertions... What's a boy to think?

S'cuse me, I have to lie down a mo'...

plugwash said:
securespark said:
Don't ask me to date lead insulated cable.....

lead is a conductor
i guess what you mean is paper insulated lead sheathed
afaict you are still allowed to use this and provided its terminated properly its fine (termination is a pain though)

i dont think you understand....
lead was what was used before vir/TRS

not paper insulated lead sheathed.
lead is common in 1930s and seems to dissapear in late 1940s builds

ban-all-sheds said:
Yo - that's why I said I can't believe there aren't - i.e. I believe there must be.

So just for securespark, if he can still read, and if his trembling hand can work the mouse:

a.b.p.nylons
a.b.p.pantyhose
a.b.p.e.stockingsex

Yes, I'm agreeing with you!

I haven't looked at newsgroups in a good few years... you try to look at something useful, or educational, 5 minutes later you realise "ah, but if I go to alt.bin.whatever then there are pics of beeeooootiful naked ladies!" Well, when you are 15 you do... :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back