What's plastic thing on end of boiler flue called?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was just carrying some wood down my side alley way and smashed the end of the plastic thing that's on the outside wall at the end of the flue pipe.

What's the actual name for it?
And can I be replaced?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
It is called the flue terminal. Depending on manufacturer it may be available, but most likely you will need a new flue.

Depending on how badly damaged it is, your boiler could also now be dangerous! I'd get a RGI in on monday if I was you.

That is form a Vaillant boiler, it is not available seperately. Boiler will be safe to operate - for now - but would not pass a gas safety inspection.Get a RGI in to replace asap.

Sponsored Links
Check with the manufacturers for available flue components. I don't recognise the make. RGI will need to fit any flue parts. Looks like you only damaged the discharge pipe. Have a look down the flue to assess any further internal damage. Best advice as b4, shut it down until proper checks can be done.

you'll probably need to buy complete flue, is that a glowworm?

It's a Vaillant Turbomax Pro 24e boiler.

I didn't bash it hard just caught the very end plastic bit that snapped off ( probably about 2/3 inches and longer at the top and rounds off until further back underneath.

Already got it booked in to be serviced on 4 Aug that was arranged last week.

Is it ok until then and will he fail the boiler because of it?

How much are new flues roughly?

Rough cost to fit?

Being charged £60 for the service.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back