When do I get a Plumber in?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm doing up my first house and have NO CLUE but am learning fast. Can anyone please tell me at what point i need to get a plumber in when i have my kitchen installed. I have a joiner coming in but he needs me to get a plumber in to cap off the tap in order to replace the worktop. I also have a new gas hob - when is this put in - before the new worktop goes in or after - and do i have to have a corgi registerd plumber to remove the old one and does that happen at a different time? If anyone could advise me the order these all have to happen I'd be more than grateful as I'm being told different things by differnet people. many thanks

Sponsored Links
If you can't work out which order things need to be done, you haven't done much thinking. Sit down and list the jobs that need doing, then try seeing what will happen if you pick one to do first. Then you will see which ones that you haven't done, will stop you doing the one you picked.

If this doesn't work. Stop doing house renovation and take up flower arranging. It's not so expensive when it goes wrong.

Sponsored Links
I have had the same problems in renovating my kitchen here, plus installing a bathroom/kitchen in my pile of rocks in France.

The way to approach it is to think 'what would I need to remove to get at xxx'.

I worked on the principles of:

Walls
Pipework
Electrics
Finish walls
Switches
Base Units
Worktops
Tiling
Appliances

in that order. It hasn't failed me yet! Hob units are a pain in long worktop runs, but as long as the holes are cut before the Corgi man calls it should all be ok.

Cheers

Rob G

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back