Where are check valves needed?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Read other previous posts and the wras regulations and I'm a bit confused as to where in a domestic property I need check valves and if these should be double or single. My shower has built in valves so I don't believe I need others, but is it purely on mixer taps and outdoor taps these are needed, or do I need them on the inflow to the toilet, dishwasher and washing machine also?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Double check valves (fitted within the house) on external taps

Mixer taps don't need them provided they have separate internal water channels

ANy mixer with a detachable head does need check valves fitted

WC cisterns (and loft tanks) should have a WRAS approved fill valve or a part 2 valve

Domestic appliances don't need a check valve

Thanks newboy, clear and concise- couldn't ask any more,can I ask are you a plumber yourself?

Also fitting a lone's ale filter which I've just noticed states 'a check valve should be fitted in accordance to wras regulations, does this therefore need a valve before that and the incoming supply?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back