Where would I find Diverter switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently bought a house and have asked British Gas to cover the heating system, the engineer couldn't find the diverter switch and needs to do so before giving us full cover.
Question,
Where are the usual hiding places for the diverter switch before I take all the floor boards up. ?
Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Why you would want BG to cover you for your system.......God only knows.Get a good Plumber in,save you money in the long run.

Is it a fully pumped system? Systems with pumped heating and gravity hot water do not always have a valve.

Which make/model boiler do you have?

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't trust any company who couldn't find the diverter valve, or identify that the system dosn't have one it BEGGARS BELIEF :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

In his defence i found a pump and both zone valves under a bedroom floor last week. Had to trace it by sound in the end :rolleyes:

would reckon 50% of BBU`s in Glasgow have pump/valve under floors.

which are now laminated ;) or tiled over :evil: :evil: ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back