Which house alarm?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone recommend a DIY alarm system. I'm pretty DIY-competent so hardwired isn't a problem, but I'd consider wirefree too. Any comments greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Kev.

Sponsored Links
I personally have used ADE, but Texecom are very good. Veritas R8 panel, Reflex passives & Odessey sounder.

The Wholesaler said:
no probs at all.

I doubt that.

Im not knocking any brand, but however good you are, returns happen, even if it is just one or two.

Sponsored Links
Aren't all the main brands made by ADE companies?

The last time I needed some technical support I found that ADE had bought the company out, as they seem to be doing with others also!!

Texecom all the way.

We fit loads of their gear and it is unusual for anything to go wrong.

The panels are easy to programme, and the instructions are clear enough for a DIYer to follow.

Some reasonable online prices here

You can now get LCD and flush mounted keypads for the veritas range, which look super sexy!

IMGP1482.jpg

(OK this is a premier RKP but the veritas ones are virtually identical)

get what you like, bear in mind you get what you pay for and dont touch radio

Just to keep Crafty happy :LOL: :LOL:

Surface mount RKP

IMGP1486.jpg

Text message from a premier panel

testcall.jpg

For the benefit of the forum, I asked RF yesterday evening why he didn't program it to say "DIYnot" like Breezer's galaxy panel. ;) Upon which he changed it to the above!:cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back