Which laminate flooring to use???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I am in the process of selecting flooring to use in our living/dining room and would appreicate any feedback.

In the past I have used the "Richard Burbridge" connectII, which was OK but the joints between sections could be seen.
I am also looking at the AquaLoc from B&Q and the test board they have in store seems very smooth and provides a good finish.

I know there are many different manufacturers of flooring but, as with most things, personal recommendations are great.

I am looking at the £15 m2 range and have a dog, so the flooring needs to be resistant to scratching and also water

Any comments appreicated

Sponsored Links
Whatever you use just be very sure that you will never again want to get access under the floor for plumbing, electrics etc....

I have laid a lot of different laminate flooring - and as with most things you really do pay for quality. In general the more expensive the better it is. Try to find a laminate that has a thick top layer - look carefully at the side of the board.
I am not keen on this new 'click' together stuff - I have found that they fit together well but over time the boards do loosen and tiny gaps do appear - there is not a lot you can do about it. The only thing to do to stop gaps appearing is to apply a tiny thin layer of pva glue along the tongue of each board.
Not much you can do to stop a dog scratching the floor - give it a pair of socks !!!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back