Which shower?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Up until recently, we had an open vent sealed system boiler in our house but due to its age (and tha fact it kept on packing in), we recently got it replaced by a new combi boiler and it works a treat now.

When installing the boiler, the CORGI fitter said that he had to isolate the pipes leading to our shower as the water pressure was too powerful for the shower and the plastic pipes and connectors. I was advised that I would now need a new shower to be installed.

I'm now confused by this - what type of shower will I need for a combi boiler with powerful water pressure on both hot and cold feeds? Can I use plastic piping and connectors or does this need to be metal?

Sponsored Links
The fittings and pipework don't need to be copper, and as for the shower, depends on the MI for both the shower supply capability, and what the maximum output ( flowrate ) of your boiler is.

The fittings and pipework don't need to be copper, and as for the shower, depends on the MI for both the shower supply capability, and what the maximum output ( flowrate ) of your boiler is.

What does "MI" stand for please?

Sponsored Links
Manufacturers Instructions. Sorry for the delay, I just watched the Mighty Spurs win :D :D :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back