Who manufactures the best combi?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A wide question I know but I am looking for the best combi on the market currently.
Best for me is high flow rate & reliability.
Any suggestions gratefully received!

Required for a 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom victorian terraced house arranged
over 2 floors with an additional loft extension.

Sponsored Links
I would recommend the Vaillant Ecotec Plus 837.

I would warn you that there is no standard condensing combi out there that will guarantee to supply more than 1 hot outlet efficiently at once.

With your size property I always recommend a system boiler and un-vented mains cylinder around 210litre capacity ;)

Viessmann Vitodens 200 is the best Combi i have come across yet although for value and size flow rate etc i would reccomment either the Vaillant mentioned earlier above or a Broag remeha Avanta Plus 39C. This will give you 17litres a min providing you have decent water main. ;)

i wouldnt fit vailant boilers full stop,the case seal (silicon)burns away and the boiler catches fire as a result,also heat exchangers play up

Sponsored Links
the plumbing miracle said:
i wouldnt fit vailant boilers full stop,the case seal (silicon)burns away and the boiler catches fire as a result,also heat exchangers play up

rofl5.gif

change the flaming record :rolleyes:

You obviously now Vaillants so well that you havent been replacing the seals each service as M I's. All new seals are now graphite and have a 5 year life.

I've yet to have a fault call out on a properly installed and serviced Vaillant. I've now fitted around 80 Ecotec Plus models :rolleyes:

A miracle has indeed just occurred - see how he takes ordinary words and turns them into the purest crap.

replacing the seals each service as M I's. All new seals are now graphite and have a 5 year life.

Oooh I didn't know that. Another good reason I came here!

Scrumpy I wouldn;t want a combi in your position, but if you must, and have a really good mains supply, consider a "storage" combi, which will help supplying 2 outlets, for a useful though limited period.

Scrumpy I wouldn;t want a combi in your position, but if you must, and have a really good mains supply, consider a "storage" combi, which will help supplying 2 outlets, for a useful though limited period.

the truth and a bit of wisdom :LOL: consider it longer than it takes the unit to recover 15/20 mins at best.

Not entirely sure what you mean bripl - point is you can fill a couple of baths at 20l/min in quick succession. Not as good as an unvented cylinder, but seriously useful if space is tight.

Look at Worcester Highflow 440.

flow rates drop off once the store is depleted so you only get 10/12 litres rather than the 18/20 the manufacturers like to shout about :eek:

bripl said:
flow rates drop off once the store is depleted so you only get 10/12 litres rather than the 18/20 the manufacturers like to shout about :eek:

thats pretty much what chris said...did you read what he said?

i would imagine you would get more than 10/12 litres/min after the store was depleted on a 440. the calorifier is massive on it. however ive not checked what it will provide after store depletion. have you?

no i have not checked,but made an assumption based on experience with storage combis.and yes i had read chrisr post.

nickso said:
bripl said:

thats pretty much what chris said...did you read what he said?

i would imagine you would get more than 10/12 litres/min after the store was depleted on a 440. the calorifier is massive on it. however ive not checked what it will provide after store depletion. have you?

10.2 Lpm after store depleated............they really are not all they are cracked up to be. Id sooner put a high output combi and get 16lpm indefinatly. Ive installed a couple of Baxi 133HE's and they CAN run two showers at the same time and providing the shower is a good thermostatic (we install Mira Excell) it will happily supply a shower and a kitchen tap no problem. (and they are only about £900 including the VAT)

For all the non Baxi fans there is always the 40KW worcesters which will do the same sort of job.,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back