Why all the bg engineer bashing?

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by biscuit77, 27 Feb 2012.

1. derekthedoctor

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    No a mid range one but should have gone with my first choice a Worcester boiler superb it was based on what we could afford at the time his instalation was first class as we found when they inspected the boiler its just a pity
    We went for Ferroli a second rate boiler, they used to good so we are told, but not on the new type of boiler they are going down hill now, still we will replace with a worcester next year.

2. Jordon

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Ferroli have never been good derk, and in you last post about your ferroli you said the installer moved so that's why you dont use him? And you haven't had it serviced so have no cover not really his fault is it? £200 s consultation couldnt afford anything better than a ferroli? By all means have a Bosch fitted they are dump to then get British gas cover you seem the type of chap that no independent wants anyway. Bg are good at sales and some guys are ok but most ok guy end up leaving and becoming independent anyway, bg get away with way too much that I would end up in court for or on rouge traders! Bg may get bashed on here why not they most of the time need airing to the public, if I have a problem I get a call direct and moaned at. If you jockeys do anything wrong then a department sorts it then you get a telling off but that department has spoken to a different department already so the next guy in advises a powerflush will fix a thermocouple.

3. DeltaT2

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    100K installations a year in Scotland!!!?? That my friend is complete mince!!
    Please post up the facts to confirm your statement. I'm not a troll & you're talking drivel.

4. hansthebear

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    re read what i said. if you think 100k is too high all that does is further enforce my point.

5. DeltaT2

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    To be frank, I don't even believe SG are doing 11K installation a year in Scotland. That may be a figure the suits at SG have thought up, after all they're part of a much larger PLC - with shareholders to keep sweet.
    The smarter CPSs amongst you, will understand that what goes on in your wee world of sticking a FGA up some old dears flue 5 days a week, has very little to do with the overall business picture. You're only a very small part.

6. hansthebear

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    i could run and show you the reports with the names and addresses of every single installation i suppose but you probably wouldnt believe that either. so i shall just stop caring.

7. derekthedoctor

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hey Jordan
    Thanks for the reply, no in fact we rang the guy who fitted the boiler and did the last service he has arrived today and updated the book for the last service and done a new service today, he is an independant and said he could not understand why British Gas refused to work on the boiler and why Ferroli had not got a gas service listing for this boiler strange, he said British Gas do service other Ferroli boilers but not this one.
    Any its all sorted now so we can turn it off soon for thye heating part just the hot water.
    Thanks Dekka :D

8. lawrance

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Biggest load of *******s I have ever heard!

Bg take the money and do not give a feck!

I am constantly visiting elderly people that have been ripped and left with a mess you by bg cowboys!

When you bg engineers were born I bet your first words were power flush