Why do Builders Merchants make up selling price on a whim?

That I understand but I actually opened a Trade account and not on a cash only basis.

I perfectly understand they want to do business with Traders only as they are not there to provide advice - its just that even as a trade customer its seems on a wing and prayer.
many a time i’ve been in merchants and builders look worn down at the monthly bill. leaning over the counter trying to haggle it down.

Sponsored Links
The prices of building materials is a minefield - trade/DIY, cash sales or account, merchants local and national, DIY sheds, online, delivery or collection. The man who could make an algorithm to work all that out could make a fortune.
If you have the time to shop around you can save loads (30-50%) - most builders don't and can't - they just need a pile of materials dropped off at the job on Monday morning and will pay for the privelege.
pound for pound you won’t get stuff a great deal cheaper than b&q as a big diyer especially if you have a trade card and spend the monthly quota. plasterboards plaster adhesive cement cls and sheet timber is all competitive in smaller quantities. although the sheet products can be a bit ropey.

pound for pound you won’t get stuff a great deal cheaper than b&q as a big diyer especially if you have a trade card and spend the monthly quota. plasterboards plaster adhesive cement cls and sheet timber is all competitive in smaller quantities. although the sheet products can be a bit ropey.
Exactly.

The plasterers i know all buy their skim from wickes

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back