Why does it take politicians so long?

The problem with the current system is that even if you have a really good MP (whatever party he is in), the leadership matters to much, and will whip them into line.

At the end of the day everyone's got to pay a mortgage and very few MP's are in the position to play brinkmanship when it comes to opposing policies.

PR would help this greatly because it would help local MP's become more important.

At present the best way to aim for PR, is to split the votes.

Then people should really get away from Lab/lib/dem, and just got for which ever local guy best represents them, regardless of party.

I also hate the whole "I'll never vote XXXX", as if any of the parties are the same parties they where 15+ years ago except in name.

Sponsored Links
I also hate the whole "I'll never vote XXXX", as if any of the parties are the same parties they where 15+ years ago except in name.

Blair changed the labour party from one with it's roots in the working class to just another vehicle for industrialists and the like.
By doing that he made it electable at that time, but by betraying everything the party used to stand for he made it unelectable again ever for an awful lot of people, me being one of them.
I expect to be lied to by politicians of all stripes, but the nature of the betrayal by labour and the terrible effect it's had on the ordinary working man, not to mention the nature of the country, is hard to get over.

Sponsored Links
Back