Why does it take politicians so long?

Sponsored Links
When the IMF step in they'll take notice.

Voting UKIP affects the conservative bubble, do you think they would have promised a referendum if re-elected without UKIP?

The problem is labour, to many people vote for it through either tribalism, faith in the progressive cause, and stupidity.

By stupidity, I mean even if you believe in the progressive cause (which you could argue has merit), the current duo in charge of labour would make brown look good if they do get in.

Sponsored Links
I was listening to Nick Clagg on the radio today, babbling on about how they are not going to increase the tax on petrol blah blah blah and guess what! He had no idea how much a litre of petrol costs

I was listening to Nick Clagg on the radio today, babbling on about how they are not going to increase the tax on petrol blah blah blah and guess what! He had no idea how much a litre of petrol costs

I wouldn't vote for any MP that couldn't tell me how much his last gas bill was.

An example of blatantly telling the electorate what they think it wants to hear - with absolutely no intention of following it through.

They dont need to increase the duty on fuel, with each price rise, the treasury are raking even more in so get an 'increase' in by the back door anyway. The oil companies know they have us held to ransom with fuel so can pretty much charge what they want, and following the recent investigation saying there is 'no cartel' they (and the government) must be laughing their socks off at us. :rolleyes:

joe-90";p="2698453 said:
Labour will come bearing gifts for the poor and get elected .

Yeh thaty's what this confession is all about, its just the result of focus groups telling them, folk's are p155ed with the state of immgiration

There's absolutely no point voting for anyone who isn't going to get in.

Now, I know exactly what you're going to say: that if enough people vote for a minority party, they will get in, but it'll never happen.

So there's only two to vote for. Seeing as I'll never vote Tory, it'll have to be Labour, like it or lump it.

Now, I know exactly what you're going to say: that if enough people vote for a minority party, they will get in, but it'll never happen.

So there's only two to vote for. Seeing as I'll never vote Tory, it'll have to be Labour, like it or lump it.
How about not voting for anyone?

Because if you do vote, whoever gets in you'll be 'lumping it' for sure...

And they'll be 'liking it'... ;)

Thats exactly the way I feel ,But its really frustrating when they fook up I cant still remember the costs of Uni education going up and WMDs from the last hero's of the left

The more the votes are split, the more likely we are to see voting reform like PR, the vote wasn't split enough last time, hence the failed referendum on a reform that was the worst of all worlds and nobody wanted.

Now that's not true, is it? The Limp Dems got sufficient votes last time to form part of the coalition. Moreover, many decisions taken by the coalition have reflected their policy, despite the Tories being a larger component.

Bearing in mind recent events, there is a distinct possibility that UKIP may have sufficient support to form a coalition in the same way, and they are the ones I'm going to vote for.

Like you, but quite the opposite, I'll never vote Labour. Quite apart from disagreeing with their general aims, there's no way they should get in again after almost destroying the country last time. They have shown that they are incompetent and their only real policy is to spend, spend, spend money we don't have.

Our local MP is LD and he's done wonders for our area. But I think Clegg and others higher up have made some right royal ****-ups, Clegg partly by not standing up to the Tories & being more vocal.

The Chris Huhne affair was a total disgrace. OK, so the idiot got caught speeding (yet again) all those years ago. So what? The guy had money. He could have hired a chauffeur for a year & seen the ban through & it would have all died down.

Instead, he told a stupid lie. Or, rather, insisted his missus tell a stupid lie. Of course, once you tell one lie, it leads to another & another & before you know it the idiot is backed into a legal corner he can't get out of.

These things always come back and bite you on the asre, especially when you're in the public eye and then the consequences are 10 times worse.

So, I think the LD's have shot themselves not just in the foot, but in both feet.

Several times over.

That's why I feel they're out of the running.

Sponsored Links
Back