Why does Vokera boiler keep going off and on?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning all,

I have a Vokera boiler and sometimes it keeps going off and on when the hot tap is running, like it will fire up run for a few seconds then turn off for a couple of seconds then back on again, over and over and over. So the water gets hot and then cools and then hot again and so on obviously.

Sometimes its ok, and if I turn off the hot tap and back on again but not at full pressure it works fine again. Any ideas what the issue could be? It just had a brand new part, I dont know what it was called now but it completely stopped working and needed a new board or whatever its called in January

I noticed the water pressure it at 0.5 when the boiler is in use and not in use. SHould it be higher? if so, how do I change it?

Thank you all in advance

Sponsored Links
Look up repressurising and all the problems that can be a cause for having to do this regularly. Then, it sounds like you need an engineer as some knowledge is required to repair.
The info is out there.

have you good flow of hot water constantly ? and what vokera boiler have you got ?

Thanks for the reply. I have also noticed that since doing this not only does the water go hot and cold but when it goes hot it goes VERY VERY hot, much hotter than what I had programed it to be before it started to stop working properly.

How do I fix try setting the pressure to 1.5?

I will find out the make and model of it. Its a vokera compact 28 se

It was only 5 months ago that there was NO POWER GOING TO GAS VALVE and the plumber REPLACED PCB WATER IN GAS VALVE FITTED NEW GAS VALVE TESTED OK

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
if it is the small part which I would be checking first then I would have expected a fault indication light.

When it goes off, does a light come on somewhere on the display?

Tony

There is only a green light which does not go red, well it has in the past but not now. All it does is when the hot water is running the green light goes a steady green and after 5 seconds goes off starts flashing green then fires up again and goes steady green again and then the cycle starts all over again and again.

Maybe it needs a new plate heat exchanger?

When you say small part which part are you refering to

I was reading this thread and sounds like a similar issue
https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/vokera-compact-28-hot-then-cold-then-hot-water.82883/page-2

He/she needed a secondary thermister

Last edited:
you need an engineer that knows your boiler, I am sure many of my colleagues know what is wrong, but as it is a safety issue we are not allowed to tell you on here, nothing to do with us it is the site rules and correctly so

It's the same as being at work, in many ppls jobs, where you use a pc; you may be quite adept at IT in your own home, with your own gear, but, in the workplace, you have to raise a ticket, with the IT dept, to get your issue resolved!
Hope that comes out right as it's my birthday and I'm a bit back2fronted :)

UPDATE:
lanlord sent out someone to have a look at it. He said it was the sat and will get the part and come back today, he checked with Vokera who said its not possible for it to be that, so landlord sent out another guy who said that it needs a new gas valve as water is getting in from the outside wall from the rain as he looked on the outside wall and said the slants were pointing downwards, which is the wrong way around which allows the rain/condensation etc to get into the boiler and into the gas valve.
So I dont know whats going to happen now.

Tell your landlord to send someone who is not the same person who paints the walls when the property is vacant!

Maybe I am pronouncing it wrong? sounded like a "stat" or something similar.

The boiler is overheating and protecting itself by shutting down.
Your landlord is using a clueless halfwit to fix the boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back