Why does Vokera boiler keep going off and on?

NOw the boiler will not turn on at all now, red light the whole time :(
Landlord says hes going to get it fixed but its been almost a week and still not fixed. :(

Sponsored Links
You should be asking for a reduction in the rent.

The landlord could call a local independent, Vokera or British Gas for a fixed price repair. Normally same or next day!

He needs his attention focused!

The landlord said he is considering his options ie wether to fix it or buy a new boiler, so how long this will take him to "consider his options" maybe days, weeks, months, never. I dont know but he said he will get back to me in due course.
Apparently it needs a new gas valve only. So now we just have to wait with no heating or hot water, he could have had Vokera fix it by now as they offer next day repair, he could have had this other engineer replace the gas valve too by now too but its thinking about what to do. But really not fair when he could have had it repaired days ago and has left us with no heating or hot water. I dont know what to do :(
Is there any temporary measure to get hot water rather than boiling at kettle to take a shower etc? it does not have a cylinder this boiler. The shower is Gas supplied so not hot water from that either :(

He said I do not need you to contact me with loads of emails and texts everyday, I will do it when I want to. Not hundrereds at all, maybe 3 a day at best.

It is the law that a landlord must provide a way to have piped hot water.

You can complain to Environmental Health Department.

I have known tenants who move into a hotel at their landlord's expense when he has not got a boiler fixed. But to do that you need to be prepared to take him to court and to give him a little notice of your intentions.

We don't think it a gas valve fault, at least not originally!

Sponsored Links
I would say it is a simple fix if it's an older vokera. Will need a simple plastic part and could be left working as long as it's not too bad.

Jon

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back