Why so rough ar*e?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Another example of rough arsed electricians.

Courtesy of GEM solar UK

Not the greatest crime I know but doesn't hurt to do things properly and make amends if you mess something up.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    122.8 KB · Views: 343
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    117.2 KB · Views: 338
Sponsored Links
Assuming the Wylex breaker rammed in is the Solar id be far more concerned about that potentially being fed from the RCD in that board thus potentially raising every circuits disconnection time to 5 seconds.

Assuming the Wylex breaker rammed in is the Solar id be far more concerned about that potentially being fed from the RCD in that board thus potentially raising every circuits disconnection time to 5 seconds.

Its not so much that the disconnection time is extended to 5secs because given that its a double pole RCD, once it trips the neutral->earth bond is no longer in circuit and therefore for the remainder of the disconnection time of the inverter its electrically separate and therefore no potential to the general mass of the earth. So not as bad in that respect but as it may seem, my concern is more with de-sensitising the RCD. If you have a load of 10A on RCD protected circuits for example (and nothing on none RCD protected circuit--- to make things simple---its a bright day and so the lights arn't on). The inverter is producing 5A (which doesn't have to flow through the RCD, its being produced and used on the load side) and the grid is providing the other 5A. If someone gets a shock from a faulty appliance and 40mA flows to earth... what does the RCD see? .... I did once think it would be 20mA but I think the answer could be worse than that!

Either way, its not an acceptable installation practice, but one that you see time and time again from solar companies

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back