Why wont my new light fitment work !!!!!

Still can't get the metal earth strip in. There's just too many wires to squeeze in. What's the consequences of not doing it I'm worried!

Take the fixed wiring, that you have inserted into the block, out again - so that the light fitting looks like it did when you bought it (in your 3rd picture, I think).

Now you have only the 'line' and 'neutral' connections of the light connected to the block.
Turn the block around and slide the middle terminal over the 'earth strip and tighten up. (same side as the 'Line' and 'neutral' are connected to.)

Now make the connections required with the other wiring, to the other (empty), side of the block. :)

Sponsored Links
I thought that both switches operated both lights hence they are both double switches BUT my friend is convinced that only one worked both lights and the other only worked one.
Where has this friend appeared from, and why does he know more about how your switches worked than you do?

Never mind that, where are the pictures of the switches??

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back