Wierd inline Fuse Thing

Looks like one of the old type outlets which were used for items such as clocks. Is it fed by grey twin+earth? If so it will be OK to replacing with a blank plate, terminating supply wires in terminal block.

Sponsored Links
Spark/Plugwash - many thanks.

I hate to bury live wires, so I just want to be sure that I understand what you're saying to me. This is a connector for a low ampage device (clock) fed by single core (phase) with a 1amp fuse, and as such can be simply terminated in a normal terminal block and left under the floorboards. I can see how that would be OK, but I'm still learning and want to be double-sure.

Thanks again....

loose terminal blocks not allowed, enclose in a 'choc box'

If that is 'Coventry-Dave-Prior', who's done his 2381, why not telephone the sparky who changed your last consumer unit? I'll tell you over a beer.

If it's not you then sorry for butting in!

Sponsored Links
Dingbat - you're a gentleman and a scholar.

My thanks to all on this. A trivial thing I know, but I hate leaving live stuff hanging around.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back