Will the UK ever be a car manufacturer again?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If not - why not? We have Swedish and Japanese car plants here - so why not one of our own? :confused:

Sponsored Links
We've got Noble, Mclaren and Morgan. Maybe even some black cabs.

As for the high volume stuff, we just can't be ar$ed any more. Others do it so much better these days.

Cars are all boring now, designed by computers and accountants. When I was growing up in the 70s, the streets were full of interesting cars, and I was really interested in cars, especially British cars.

They may have been slightly dodgy in the design and quality areas, but they were built by us ( in between strikes :LOL: ), at places like Dagenham, Longbridge, Speke, Linwood, Canley, Halewood and best of all, Browns Lane for the Jags.

I can't get up any interest in modern cars. They're just efficient, boring boxes with meaningless names.

Sponsored Links
Still a day or so to watch last week's top gear on bbc iPlayer for their closing "report" on UK vehicle manufacturing input.

Can't watch it while that dick hammond is on it.

Bring back William Woollard, and car programmes that are actually about cars.
There's surely a market for a program devoted to reviewing car which are within "normal" people's interests.

Perhaps as I mentioned above, cars are just too boring these days. They all look similar, are quite reliable and do more or less the same things.

Or perhaps picking through the features of a family hatchback isn't cool these days. They're just aiming for the yoof market, who want wall to wall burnouts and truck racing.

Perhaps as I mentioned above, cars are just too boring these days. They all look similar, are quite reliable and do more or less the same things.

Oh I don't know. BMWs are different.

They can only drive in the outside lane!

Sponsored Links
Back