Will the UK ever be a car manufacturer again?

Oh I don't know. BMWs are different.

They can only drive in the outside lane!

Sadly that crown has moved to Audis now..... As Whitespirit said, modern cars are a dull disposable item a bit like tumble driers and washing machines although a British built Bowler Wildcat would get my attention.

Sponsored Links

Sadly that crown has moved to Audis now..... As Whitespirit said, modern cars are a dull disposable item a bit like tumble driers and washing machines although a British built Bowler Wildcat would get my attention.

Or a Reliant Robin? Seriously, I once knew a bloke who had one. I seem to remember that, because they only had three wheels, the road tax was lower.

From memory the appeal of the Reliant was that it could be driven on a motorcycle licence, great in the days when more people had a motorcycle licence than a car licence.... Reliant made some cool cars in the day I really loved my Scimitar SE6a

From memory the appeal of the Reliant was that it could be driven on a motorcycle licence, great in the days when more people had a motorcycle licence than a car licence.

Yes, I remember that now.

Sponsored Links
Reliant made some cool cars in the day I really loved my Scimitar SE6a

Yes, with a fibreglass body and a tough, reliable Ford 3.0 V6 lump it was a surprisingly practical car. Always thought of it as a poor man's Jensen Interceptor.

To look at it though, you wouldn't think it came from the same manufacturer as the 3 wheeler 'plastic pig'.

Reliant made some cool cars in the day I really loved my Scimitar SE6a

Yes, with a fibreglass body and a tough, reliable Ford 3.0 V6 lump it was a surprisingly practical car. Always thought of it as a poor man's Jensen Interceptor.

To look at it though, you wouldn't think it came from the same manufacturer as the 3 wheeler 'plastic pig'.

There's one three doors down from me.

Perhaps as I mentioned above, cars are just too boring these days. They all look similar, are quite reliable and do more or less the same things.

:LOL:

Yes, and the switch that flashes the headlights seems to work very well.

They have a switch? I thought the lights flashed automatically all the time.

"Look at me, I'm a BMW."

Plastic pigs were a laugh ,farty noise and being able to roll with ease. Drive on a bike license to boot

Sponsored Links
Back