Wilo Pumps

Sponsored Links
Payne u must be either softus Bob Dole or just a total wassock

get the grundfoss and shut the hell up FFS

namsag said:
You have already been told you need a grunfoss so why keep asking. Noboby on here wants anyone to spend more than they have to. If a cheaper pump fitted someone would have told ya.... Try searching for someone that just does pump heads if you are that tight
Doe's that mean you know the answer or not?

If everyone throws a pound in we could buy the tight t**t a grunfoss one and pay someone to fit it. :idea:

Sponsored Links
corgiman said:

get the grundfoss and shut the hell up FFS
Bless!!
Yeh will get the Grundfos and also pay £600 to get my system powerflushed. you guys know best and thankyou for your support. NOT :LOL: You bunch of shylarks

OK read this slowly

the housing for the pump head on your boiler is designed for a grundfoss pump head

IF you can get a wilo to fit IT WILL NOT SEAL

is that clear enough for you

and bear in mind if you damage the housing trying to fit the wrong head it will cost

therethere.gif
;)

omg, ok I tried it and it leaked...in fact I tried every head and they all leaked except the grundfoss. :D

Perhaps I can explain something that you will understand ( without smilies, rude words or {yet} any sign of annoyance ).

Each manufacturer designs their own pump!

Each design is different so that no pump parts are the same otherwise people like you would fit a cheap Wilo head on an expensive Grunfoss back in order to save £20.

If it was a Grunfoss before then it has to be a Grunfoss head again! Get it?

Its becoming even more difficult still because Wilo are now making "specials" for some boiler manufacturers so that only the boiler maker's supplied ones fit so that they can charge £90 each instead of £40 !!!

We are professionals and we know what we are talking about! ( Mostly )

Tony

I am now starting to show a, still small, sign of annoyance!

I say again:

"Each design is different so that no pump parts are the same otherwise people like you would fit a cheap Wilo head on an expensive Grunfoss back in order to save £20."

As each one is different are you able to understand that the screw holes are not likely to even line up???

Or if you really dont want to believe us then why not buy a cheaper pump and try it for yourself?

We have told you enough times! If you still cannot understand it then you must be .....................

Tony

payne166 said:
Kev I love you man :LOL: But any chance of getting an answer to this question? If no one has ever tried then i will have to a go and let you know how to do it you donkey's :LOL:

I have tried! There is no way of fitting a wilo pump head onto a grundfoss body. I also tried replacing a wilo pump head onto the body of a 1" wilo pump body on a Ravenheat Rsf 100 and that didn't work either. The impeller was bigger and it wouldn't nip up at all.

In the replacement head kit there is often an adapter ring set that can let you interchange some pumps but not all.

If you are really a scrooge and want to stick it up B&Q Heres how I did it once.
I bought a Grundfoss from B&Q for £49ish then I went to a trade supplier and asked them for their best trade price on the pump. They gave me a quotation slightly cheaper than B&Q of £37ish but this was without VAT. I went back to B&Q and ranted about their price promise. They then checked up with the trade supplier who verified the price I had quoted. I then got a refund of the difference plus another 20%. I'm not totally sure of the above prices but I know it worked out that I got the pump for Less than £30.
I had spent £30 worth of time running about and standing in queues to save £20, but the pleasure of doing it was worth more than the money I effectively lost.

Of course Payne166 you could just get a cheap Universal pump head and fit that.

corgiman said:
IMHO this has all the hallmarks of a BOD.DOLE style wind-up.

PS - to whichever moderator believes that this post is worthy of silent and summary deletion, it would be interesting to hear your views on the matter.

MOD 2

i took the off topic posts about spelling etc out as it was becoming abusive the op then went back and edited the rest

Edit: I understand that, but two posts of mine were deleted, perhaps not by you, and they contained no abuse and no references to the OPs spelling. :confused:

I recently had a new pump head fitted

I had to pay £100 for the pump head cos my ideal (Biasi) had to have a manufacturers pump head, wouldn't take a cheaper one

Now, if you are asking is this practice fair - no. Is it right - no. Is it morally justifiable - no.

But it's the truth of the matter.

They simply do it so nobody can muscle in on their lucrative trade by producing generic pump heads.

I think you need to take a wider view of the situation.

The Biasi boilers are sold at a very economic price and the manufacturers have to make their profit on the spare parts.

By ensuring you have to use their spare part they make their money. If they did not do that they would have to charge more for their boilers!

The pumps only fail because of dirt in the system so on a well installed system the pump does not need to be replaced. Few installers of cheaper boilers power flush the system because owners dont want to pay much to have it fitted so the pump has to be replaced after a few months. Thats the installers fault although atributable to the owner.

The same applies to car spares. The car is cheap but a new bumper is about £600 for a Mondeo for example.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back