Wilo Pumps

Agile said:
I think you need to take a wider view of the situation.

The Biasi boilers are sold at a very economic price and the manufacturers have to make their profit on the spare parts.

By ensuring you have to use their spare part they make their money. If they did not do that they would have to charge more for their boilers!

The pumps only fail because of dirt in the system so on a well installed system the pump does not need to be replaced. Few installers of cheaper boilers power flush the system because owners dont want to pay much to have it fitted so the pump has to be replaced after a few months. Thats the installers fault although atributable to the owner.

The same applies to car spares. The car is cheap but a new bumper is about £600 for a Mondeo for example.

Tony

I understand that. I think it would be fairer to charge up front than to build your business model around 'hidden costs' though...

I'm interested in your comment about dirt in the system... my plumber suggested I get a wireless thermostat as I don't have one at all, he said the boiler would run less and therefore not wear as quickly if I had a room stat.

Sponsored Links
could be fitting a wilo gold onto an elm leblanc, then you'd be looking at about 135.00 for the pump.

trotter said:
I understand that. I think it would be fairer to charge up front than to build your business model around 'hidden costs' though...

You may think that but I dont !!!

I like to have a nice cheap boiler and let the cheapskates who dont powerflush the system buy the over priced pumps! That does not affect me!

Similarly I like a nice cheap Ford Focus and then let the careless drivers pay for the overpriced bumpers they damage by their driving!

Tony

For once, I agree wholeheartedly with Agile.

I'm now going to nip outside and skate my way over the frozen wasteland that used to be Hell. ;)

Sponsored Links
40s.gif

you have forgotten your medication again softus
itsokay.gif

;)

Softus said:
For once, I agree wholeheartedly with Agile.

I'm now going to nip outside and skate my way over the frozen wasteland that used to be Hell. ;)

Well, I may be wrong in my opinion but at least I'm bringing people together :D

You cannot "be wrong" in your opinion!

An opinion is your own personal assessment of a situations and thats individual to you.

It may be different to others but its still yours!

i must hold my hand up and say, i'm sorry for the other night alcohol, talking about something i know little about and people that are very passionate about their profession don't mix.
Tony going back to your example of using cars, i remember years ago the best way of getting round the ford not starting in the damp issue was to replace the distributor cap with a lucas one that cost about a fiver cheaper.
so my reason behind the initial question was that just because something is dearer does not mean it is better. I am not as tight A**e and would use a grunfos if needed, but if something else does the job then why not?

99.9% sure (as I have already said) thatthe pegler is a grundfoss rip off so will fit

But I have fitted loads of pegler pumps over the last year (The Guv'nor got a shed load cheap) and so far have had to reattend to replace about half of them.

for some reason I have not bothered to fathom they "knock" badly

and as I said before spend 15 more and get a grundfos and be sure

I vaguely thought the Pegler was a rebadged DAB ???

There is also a rather thin Italian pump, possibly painted red, which you rarely see in the UK but its quite cheap and obviously completely different from anything you ever see in the UK.

Tony

I saw a DAB in B&Q today a bt cheaper than the Wilo so they would fit as well? Hands on hearts guy's, what pump would you choose on your own systems if it went pear shaped? knowning that you would never need to change because your system is always looked after and flushed on a regular basis :) .
A bit like the builder with that never finished extension or the car machanic that drives around in a knackerd old ford cortina that pops and bangs every hundred yards:D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back